AEG occasionally firing auto on semi

Picklerick90

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So, I got an AEG (lancer tactical LT12) a few months ago, and there's been numerous issues with it, including the gearbox seizing up, firing multiple BB's at once, making a terrible noise. And after many attempts at fixing it, including replacing the piston, the spring guide, the battery, a whole new set of gears, a new motor, replacing a mechanical trigger with an ETU and a whole new gearbox shell, it's finally working, fires accurately, consistently, has a nice sound, however on semi auto I've noticed it fires auto from time to time. Not often enough to cause a problem, but I was wondering if anyone had any ideas, thanks!

What kind of ETU do you have? Could there be something interrupting the sensors, which switches it to full auto?

• Supporters

as above we need the model of the etu to offer anything more concrete.

for a setup that uses optical sensors (titan/aster/perun optical) they can be sensitive to grease etc and you have to be more sparing in that regard than an external unit that doesn't care if the box is drowned in grease.

for setups that use mechanical switches, then the area to look at is the cutoff lever and wether or not it's got the travel to activate the switch, had this problem with an ascu unit many years ago and had to loot my local shop's box of random cutoff levers to find one that had the right travel.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.