Drop Stock Adaptor.

AirsoftRich

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I have purchased a Drop Stock Adapter as you can see in the photo provided there is a gap that needs taking up.

I have a few ideas but before I start out with any of them I wanted to ask here after a search didn’t come up with the result I wanted.

Has anybody had experience with this?

What was the solution?

Options I have considered:

1) Removing material from the inside of the adapter (On measuring it wouldn’t leave a lot left for it’s structure and support).

2) A combination of removing some material from the adapter and modifying the buffer tube fitting on the back of the receiver.

3) What I would prefer. Some sort of plate or rubber buffer/spacer that’s designed to take up this slack.

4) Anyone with a better idea than the aforementioned.

Thanks in advance for advice and ideas.

AirsoftRich.2B7475D2-277E-4591-9C39-77B7EE0329FA.thumb.jpeg.53191c15688a03b5e31357161f0255fc.jpeg

Edited by AirsoftRich
Correction.

Why the drop stock, what do you want to achieve?

I wouldn’t cut the tube from the back of the receiver.

13 minutes ago, Sneaky said:

Why the drop stock, what do you want to achieve?

I wouldn’t cut the tube from the back of the receiver.

My red dot sight is already on a riser and whilst wearing my Earmors they foul on the stock not allowing me to sight properly.

the drop stock will raise the sight a further inch or so.

This way when shouldered whilst wearing Earmors I’ll be able to sight.

Might just mil an aluminium spacer…

8 hours ago, AirsoftRich said:

My red dot sight is already on a riser and whilst wearing my Earmors they foul on the stock not allowing me to sight properly.

the drop stock will raise the sight a further inch or so.

This way when shouldered whilst wearing Earmors I’ll be able to sight.

Might just mil an aluminium spacer…

I understand now, hmm…

The receiver extension doesn't need to be very long, as the rigidity in mounting the buffer tube comes from the tension provided by the tube's screw into the back of the Gearbox. The extension just keeps the buffer tube centred and straight.

I have in the past cut down the receiver extension to 10-15mm to allow for certain stocks and buffer tubes to be fitted snug against the receiver. The pot metal is very soft and easy enough to cut through.

I have been experimenting with drop stock designs (both straight and angled) for some time now, and they are useful in situations like yours.

image.png.cc439328d4786fe7ed1cae63fa0ee155.pngimage.png.956468e83e30a67e1b4b922370a017b5.png

If its a printed part you should be able to get it printed with the sleeve that slides over tail from the receiver extended to the depth you need.

If you're not albe to do that. Then I'd grab a hacksaw and trim the receiver to suit.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.