TM Detonics vs V10 Ultra Compact

emilianoksa

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

It only doesn’t age well if you drag it in and out of a kydex holster repeatedly , if it’s going to sit on a shelf it’ll last forever .

Just like anything else really , common sense usually dictates the lifespan .

Thanks for the reply.

None of my pistols are ever holstered. I don't have any holsters. I occasionally put them in padded cases but only for transportation.

I just wondered if the silver finishes would hold up as well as the black finishes, from normal holding, handling, slide racking etc.

It may be that I am confusing all TM silver finishes with that on the frame of the TM 5.1 stainless, which is notorious for coming off. Maybe that is just because the thin silver paint is on metal. Maybe silver paint on plastic wears better.

the V10 has TMs newer blow back unit which is more efficient than the detonics which is almost 20 year old design. the V1O mag is larger so more bbs more gas

The Detonics is a fine compact pistol but IMO in terms of looks and finish of the materials (I love the Hogue style grips and contrast of texture on top of the slide), the V10 is in a league of it's own. It's fairly low powered at around 230 - 240fps (guess that doesn't bother you) but super snappy and surprisingly gas efficient. If you wanted to go all out, Guarder have made a full steel kit for the low-low price of £635!

https://www.rainbow8.com/collections/marui-v10-custom-parts/products/stainless-cnc-kits-for-marui-v10-sliver

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.