What laser box is this?

LzChase

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

This laser box is used by youtuber Python in their reload videos, what surprises me is how incredibly low profile it is. I've been trying to find this model but so far I've had no luck.

5MvcFnx.png

Edited by LzChase

• Supporters
54 minutes ago, LzChase said:

This laser box is used by youtuber Python in their reload videos, what surprises me is how incredibly low profile it is. I've been trying to find this model but so far I've had no luck.

5MvcFnx.png

Steiner OTAL at a guess. Might help if you got a better pic.

I would put money on it being a 3D printed add-on - probably with a cheap laser pointer on the inside if it functions at all.

Infinity Ward artists designed a bunch of stuff for the 'new' Modern Warfare that would not fall foul of trademarks and trade-dress litigation (hence the moniker M13 for the gun), and this laser is one of those creative licenses - in this case roughly based on a Steiner DBAL-I2 unit

This person's YouTube channel is about MW guns and 'real life' remakes of the reload animations. Makes sense that he has someone model and print the 'Tac Laser' from the game to spice up his video.

Source:https://www.artstation.com/artwork/xzXAJY

CG renders of the 'hero' gun:

image.png.a977a3e6d66af298a3832df65b844db4.png

image.png.73388278779bd1dd9a22c5fdb7d31948.png

Note, on both the YouTube video, the picture on his YT banner, and the render above - there seems to be no way to fit batteries without removing the laser - which IRL would suck for zero-repeatability.

2 hours ago, Speedbird_666 said:

I would put money on it being a 3D printed add-on - probably with a cheap laser pointer on the inside if it functions at all.

Infinity Ward artists designed a bunch of stuff for the 'new' Modern Warfare that would not fall foul of trademarks and trade-dress litigation (hence the moniker M13 for the gun), and this laser is one of those creative licenses - in this case roughly based on a Steiner DBAL-I2 unit

This person's YouTube channel is about MW guns and 'real life' remakes of the reload animations. Makes sense that he has someone model and print the 'Tac Laser' from the game to spice up his video.

Source:https://www.artstation.com/artwork/xzXAJY

CG renders of the 'hero' gun:

image.png.a977a3e6d66af298a3832df65b844db4.png

image.png.73388278779bd1dd9a22c5fdb7d31948.png

Note, on both the YouTube video, the picture on his YT banner, and the render above - there seems to be no way to fit batteries without removing the laser - which IRL would suck for zero-repeatability.

Good point, I didn't think about that one

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.