My first Marui Glock

emilianoksa

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I went for the Glock 22 Gen 3 in the end because I want to put a Guarder Gen2 frame on it, and this will not fit the Gen 4s.

I was very pleasantly surprised. People say Marui Glocks are very light, but I found it more weighty than I expected. When I removed the slide I was impressed by the standard of parts and quality of the fitting. It looked clean compared to my WE Glocks. And although it didn't have the same recoil, I was  perfectly happy with the recoil it did produce and the speed of the slide reset.  The Gen 4 must really be something special if it is an improvement on this. I dispensed with the extended mag base , put on the normal mag base and just enjoyed shooting it in my garden. 

Of course the slide is plastic, but it somehow manages to look better than the WE metal slide. In any case I intend to run it on 144a gas and for shooting at home exclusively.  

This got me thinking again about TM pistols generally. I have always fancied the Beretta PX4, but have heard that the slide stop breaks and the decocker fails after a while. I never use the slide stop as a slide release on any gun, and I avoid using a decocking lever. Whether doing this will minimize the potential damage to the slide stop I don't know. It does look a bit fragile. But I am more worried about the fact that "it will take play over time" (whatever that means - I assume it means the slide to frame fit will loosen).

I have also heard that the TM XDM40 suffers from the inner slide reinforcement breaking near the slide stop resulting in the slide stop being gradually eaten.

Are these design faults, or the result of people not following Marui's advice and and running their pistols on green gas? I know many run them on green gas without problems, but there is always a risk.

Has anyone on here who uses a PX4 solely on 144a run into any serious problems over time? 

Edited by emilianoksa

Hello!

The PX4 is not as well built as other TM Pistols, the Gen4 Glocks are so much better than the Gen3 from an efficiency/performance POV. There is no difference regarding reliability etc though.

I cannot comment on the XDM, but have owned most others.

IMO the best TM blowback pistols are the FNX, HK45 tactical, HK USPs, Gen4 Glocks.

144a is enough in a TM, especially in summer, as the temps drop use of more powerful / green gas is prefectly fine.

The only issue I've ever heard of with TM PX4 (my WE PX4 also suffered from this), is the trigger arm spring falling out of it's frame indent. This happened to mine twice and both times the part was lost, leaving me scouring the internet for spares. So yeah, if you get one and the trigger randomly stops engaging, that's likely the cause!

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.