Modify XTC Nozzle.

Cr0-Magnon

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Reaaallly like this gun, it's been spot on even shooting very consistent FPS. However recently I've been struggling to set the hop, it seems perfect for a few shots then one will drop, back to being straight, then they overhop for a few. Also the mags kept backing up with BB's wedging themselves next to eachother (not sure if that's related?)

I've just cleaned the inner barrel. It wasn't particularly dirty but also noticed the opening of the nozzle isn't perfectly circular and possibly a bit cracked looking. I've been using midcap mags with it and it wouldn't surprise me if I've been overfilling them.

What say you guys, does the nozzle look OK?

Screenshot_2022-07-11-20-21-16-72_92460851df6f172a4592fca41cc2d2e6.jpg

Screenshot_2022-07-11-20-21-24-79_92460851df6f172a4592fca41cc2d2e6.jpg

Looks a bit battered.🤔

• Supporters

hmm, that's an odd type of cracking.

that face is the one responsible for sealing with the bucking lips, so it wouldn't surprise me to see it putting out some intermittent leaking with that damage depending on how it lines up with the bucking on a given round.

if it were me i'd change it.

• Supporters
4 hours ago, Cr0-Magnon said:

Looking at new ones online, I reckon it was never perfectly round but hmm...dunno.

fair point, could be a remnant from the manufacturing process.

does it have a sealing o-ring on it? generally that's my go-to reason for nozzle changes as that's a key area for leaking if it isn't there.

It does have an o-ring, yeah. As I say, the FPS consistency is above my expectations. This is on 0.28 with hop set appropriately.

IMG_20220704_201018.jpg

• Supporters
4 minutes ago, Cr0-Magnon said:

It does have an o-ring, yeah. As I say, the FPS consistency is above my expectations. This is on 0.28 with hop set appropriately.

that is damn good consistency.

going back to the original post i realise you're mentioning ammo binding up in the mags? which brand?

might be worth trying a bag of geoffs to see if that fixes the mag issue and possibly by extension the random fliers?

That's a weird one too actually. So far I've only noticed an issue when using a TM 470 round speedloader, when using my Nuprol speedloader it disappeared. The only reason I can think of for this is the nozzle bit on the TM is too large to sit flush with the opening on my Modify M4 midcaps.

• Supporters

So its binding on loading?

I have found some ammo/mag combos the ammo isnt as smooth and the extra friction causes the stack to bind on firing (tapping can free it up) which is what got me onto using geoffs in the first place, even when loading they're noticably smoother.

Everything appears normal, I fire a few shots and then it dry fires, I check the mag and notice two BB's side by side about 8mm below where they should sit. Give the mag a slap they'll feed to the top. Will checkout Geoff's when I get the chance, hate paying postage for just an item or two.

• Supporters
28 minutes ago, Cr0-Magnon said:

Everything appears normal, I fire a few shots and then it dry fires, I check the mag and notice two BB's side by side about 8mm below where they should sit. Give the mag a slap they'll feed to the top. Will checkout Geoff's when I get the chance, hate paying postage for just an item or two.

yep, that's textbook symptoms.

worth trying geoffs, worst case is it works and now you have to buy the good stuff :P

• Supporters
8 minutes ago, Cr0-Magnon said:

...wait, how are Geoff's cheaper than Nuprol RZR for 0.28's!?

are they? for obvious reasons i've never price checked the latter :P

my advice- don't question it.....

On 12/07/2022 at 15:24, Adolf Hamster said:

are they? for obvious reasons i've never price checked the latter :P

my advice- don't question it.....

I do follow advice sometimes....

IMG_20220715_175802.jpg

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.