TM Sig P226 R

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

The original one with the thicker grip.

Why is it so much heavier ( by 60-70 grams) than the later E2 version?

It can't be just because of the larger grip, can it? How would that alone account for another 70 grams. Maybe it is something to do with the old style magazine with the thicker metal base plate. But the 226 R now comes with the E2 magazine and it is still advertised as substantially heavier than the E2 pistol.

Is it more plasticky looking than the E2, or about the same?

Edited by emilianoksa

• Supporters

Plastic-ness is about the same, the E2 does have a slightly reduced frame to fit the E2 grips (they're not just skinnier grips).

I would assume the grips have weights in them trying to add some heft to the gun. Are the real steel versions have significantly different weights?

Thanks.

Having looked at the parts diagrams I can tell you that they don't have weights in the grip like the 1911s and M9s.

On a slightly different topic, why do people say you should steer clear of the older Marui designs (ie. most of them) and go for the later models? I understand that the early Beretta 92s are very outdated, but what about the rest?

The full size USP may be a great performer, but if you don't happen to like the look of one, what is the point of buying it? You might prefer the look of the Glock 34, but that too is an older design, and presumably not a recommended buy.

Edited by emilianoksa

• Supporters
1 hour ago, emilianoksa said:

On a slightly different topic, why do people say you should steer clear of the older Marui designs (ie. most of them) and go for the later models? I understand that the early Beretta 92s are very outdated, but what about the rest?

The full size USP may be a great performer, but if you don't happen to like the look of one, what is the point of buying it? You might prefer the look of the Glock 34, but that too is an older design, and presumably not a recommended buy.

Usually they say these things because they're misinformed or working on out of date info. Or that gun doesn't suit their play style and they aren't prepared to work around it. Marui pistols are popular because on the whole they work well and are reliable. If all their old designs were actually awful, they would never have been able to build that reputation in the first place. Granted, some of those older designs have been surpassed by other manufacturers/newer models but that doesn't mean that the older designs are unworkable.

• Supporters
3 hours ago, emilianoksa said:

Do you think the 15mm cylinder in the bbu of the latest TM pistols, which gives snappier blow back, will also put more strain on the plastic slide and wear things out faster?

No. I have the hk45 which has the 15mm bbu and it's absolutely fine (I run it on green gas all year round).

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.