TM MK23/ Novritsch SSX33 surpressor query

Johndaniel4863

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi apologies of this in the wrong area (mods please accept my apologies) I have a TM MK23 with an ASG MK23 surpressor which doesnt thread on fully to cover the barrel threads.

I am wondering if anyone has both the TM Mk23 and the SSG23 and can tell me how well or show me a picture of how the SSG23 modular surpressor fits onto the TM MK23 as i want to fit a surpressor that will quieten my pistol but match the looks of the original TM MK23 surpressor that will fully screw flush up to the slide on my pistol?

John

Isn't the asg surpressor really just a barrel extension which ups the fps? Have you tried removing the inner barrel? 

Alternatively you could use an adapter like this which means you can use any can you like with a counter clockwise 14mm thread 

https://www.bullseyecountrysport.co.uk/dragon-pro-socom-mk23-silencer-adapter-14mm-ccw-29878-p.asp

Edited by Cannonfodder

23 minutes ago, Cannonfodder said:

Isn't the asg surpressor really just a barrel extension which ups the fps? Have you tried removing the inner barrel? 

Alternatively you could use an adapter like this which means you can use any can you like with a counter clockwise 14mm thread 

https://www.bullseyecountrysport.co.uk/dragon-pro-socom-mk23-silencer-adapter-14mm-ccw-29878-p.asp

It is, but it’s glued together, you a nt just remove the inner barrel.

Its not the barrel thats

stopping it threading on, it’s the back of the “silencer” Inside  the thread, that holds the inner barrel in place 

It is possible to remove the inner on the ASG mod but you have to break the glue that is applied to the threads in order to get into it. 

That was the case on my lads anyhow.   

I have found out after ordering the Novritsch supressor and trying it on mine and a mates TM MK23 the thread width is the issue.  The supressor will attach but will start to crush the threads as you screw it on after about a turn and a half. So am now getting a lees precision 14mm ccw threaded outer barrel to make life easier...at least after swapping out the hop rubber, hop arm and barrel and replacing with the hadron design tdc plate I am learning alot about my new project pistol :)

Edited by Johndaniel4863

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.