Hpa newbie

Welshd1k

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So after having a aeg for abit and then put a gate in it just after something more consistant and reliable 

Have been eying up a tippmann m4 but some people are saying don't some say do 

I have a whole m4 in parts with a dead piston /electrics 

If I wanted to put a hpa internals in it what would people recomend? Or am I better of buying a brand new tippmann for 490 with a tank etc 

I have a 300 bar 9l fill tank ready from my pcp air rifles 

Two totally different beasts, the Tippy is essentially a gas gun, recoil etc, and HPA AEG is just an ultra quiet knitting machine.

Your other option is a GBBR and HPA tap the mags, but then you’re into low mag capacity, considered shooting etc

*COUGH* Wolverine MTW *COUGH*

20 hours ago, Welshd1k said:

Out of budget.... So and can't find any in stock 

Super5ive will have some in stock in a week or so. But if budget dosn't allow then there are plenty of other options. 

4 hours ago, leadly said:

Super5ive will have some in stock in a week or so. But if budget dosn't allow then there are plenty of other options. 

May have jumped the gun then got a brand new tippmann with bottle and line today for 460.. The mtw I've seen where aroubf 650? May have to send the tippman back if the stock coming in is true 

7 minutes ago, Welshd1k said:

May have jumped the gun then got a brand new tippmann with bottle and line today for 460.. The mtw I've seen where aroubf 650? May have to send the tippman back if the stock coming in is true 

You'll love shooting the Tippmann, it's got a nice recoil and plenty of sound to it, it's a world away from the typical HPA gun.

On the downside, personally, my (second hand) gun is not running properly at the moment - the muzzle velocity is way too variable.   I'd be really interested to hear how a new gun shoots - so can I ask you chrono it to see how stable the muzzle velocity is, and what sort of groupings and range you can get?  Just so I have a baseline for mine to compare with.   Cheers :)

2 minutes ago, Welshd1k said:

Ofcourse I can when it arrives just eemed a good deal how much was yours? Is yours a V2? 

Yes a v2.  Very solid, it's a nice bit of kit!
It was a bit more than you paid, but on top of the line and small tank I also got a hard case, a suppressor, long metal m-lok handguard, a stubby grip, an angled grip, a Walther red dot sight, and most importantly a small scuba tank with heavy duty line to resupply my air from.  

But sadly all the extras in the world don't quite make up for the fact the gun isn't shooting correctly, so I've not used it on the field yet. 

I'm really looking forward to getting it sorted though!

I used to be the guy looking over the top of my red dot to watch the BB flight, but with the DE m906 its accurate enough to aim for first shot kills.. so I do. Now I use the sight all the time... And last weekend i was using the one off the Tippmann on the DE

Sights do have to be properly zeroed otherwise they are just a distraction

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.