Sales Dispute - General Opinion Sought

1967PF44

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

17 minutes ago, 1967PF44 said:

Thanks, but I don’t think there is anything to celebrate,  things like this happening just cause bad feeling  Not everyone agrees I was right I’m sure, and the buyer certainly won’t buy from me again, and is likely to be put off buying second hand in the future because of his negative experience - he is also left out of pocket because of his failure to properly research his purchase.   But hey that’s second hand airsoft, I’ve bought new that’s broke first outing and got nowhere with a retail warranty claim.   Thanks to everyone for their support however. 

Old Boy Out! 

Exactly 

Not a win, but a case story of PayPal rules working and an example of the needs to ensure everything is documented, described properly et

The PayPal perception of protecting the buyer is generally a myth, but the protection of each side is dependant on doing things ‘properly’.  Some sellers are naive and don’t help themselves and lose very quickly to the unscrupulous 

When there’s a genuine problem there aren’t true winners, just an optimum result 

• Moderators

I still think it was definitely a positive result, the seller was upfront & detailed in known issues, the buyer, who stated "thanks for the working gun" or words to that effect, then placed it in the hands of an unknown third party who dismantled it, possibly without the technical knowledge needed & maybe causing further issues in the process ?, & then the seller gets a demand for a full refund in exchange for a bag of bits, that's some "Jack & the Beanstalk" shit right there, what if the bag of bits that came back was incomplete or parts had been swapped, sellers good bits for knackered bits from another gat ?. 

Is the buyer a knob, only time will tell but he definitively pulled some dick strokes (npi🤣), & most of us felt sure the seller was gonna get screwed over, mainly because its happened too many times before. 

So yeah, I'd call it a win, & thank you @1967PF44 for sharing it with us, lessons may be learned by everyone that reads it in the future.

👍

54805800.jpg

1 hour ago, Tackle said:

I still think it was definitely a positive result, the seller was upfront & detailed in known issues, the buyer, who stated "thanks for the working gun" or words to that effect, then placed it in the hands of an unknown third party who dismantled it, possibly without the technical knowledge needed & maybe causing further issues in the process ?, & then the seller gets a demand for a full refund in exchange for a bag of bits, that's some "Jack & the Beanstalk" shit right there, what if the bag of bits that came back was incomplete or parts had been swapped, sellers good bits for knackered bits from another gat ?. 

Is the buyer a knob, only time will tell but he definitively pulled some dick strokes (npi🤣), & most of us felt sure the seller was gonna get screwed over, mainly because its happened too many times before. 

So yeah, I'd call it a win, & thank you @1967PF44 for sharing it with us, lessons may be learned by everyone that reads it in the future.

👍

54805800.jpg

The difference from a sellers point of view is ensuring you keep evidence of condition and of any agreements made in relation refunds or problems arising  - I don’t know anyone that would be happy accept a return after a buyer had worked on the item - be it airsoft or any other thing 

Dear BMW, there was a funny noise coming from the engine of

my car so I let our Dave who really likes cars and once changed his own oil take the cylinder head off- he couldn’t really see what was wrong and lost some bits and found a broken thing, errrm can I have my money back ? PS you will need to send a tow truck and a wheely bin to collect the bits !! …..it’s that sort of scenario…

• Moderators
21 minutes ago, 1967PF44 said:

The difference from a sellers point of view is ensuring you keep evidence of condition and of any agreements made in relation refunds or problems arising  - I don’t know anyone that would be happy accept a return after a buyer had worked on the item - be it airsoft or any other thing 

Dear BMW, there was a funny noise coming from the engine of

my car so I let our Dave who really likes cars and once changed his own oil take the cylinder head off- he couldn’t really see what was wrong and lost some bits and found a broken thing, errrm can I have my money back ? PS you will need to send a tow truck and a wheely bin to collect the bits !! …..it’s that sort of scenario…

I'd always been fairly casual when on the rare occasions I sold kit, merely because morally I could never stitch anybody up with dodgy kit, but sold a pistol once & my spidey senses were tingling, so I made an up close video of the guns condition (something I'd never done before), as well as the three mags it came with, & finally all three being emptied through the gun. 

Sent off the kit , gave it no more thought. 

Month later I get a bs msg from the buyer, "due to work commitments he hadn't been able to play, nor check the gun, but now having done so he'd found numerous faults with both gun & mags that made it unusable & would like a full refund" otherwise he'll involve PayPal. 

What he didn't know was that another player who'd shown interest in the gun when I'd had it for sale, but didn't have the funds, had messaged me two weeks before to say the guy had posted it for sale on Facebook (back when you could), for considerably more than he'd paid. 

I'd checked out his page, yep the gun was in immaculate condition he'd stated, everything working as it should, & also lots of mentions of sites he'd recently played at lol. 

Needless to say my offer to send him the video, as well as screenshots of his ad etc, wasn't responded to, in fact I never heard from the chancer again, but it tickles me that when he couldn't sell it on, he might have bolloxed it himself to back up his bs claim 🤣

• Supporters
3 hours ago, Tackle said:

lots of mentions of sites he'd recently played at

The saddest part is that a dishonest scrub like that is "playing" airsoft.  I can't imagine it's to the same rules as decent people.

• 3 weeks later...

What is prevelant here is The Consumer Rights Act 2015. You stated your terms for the sale and any potential requests for returns. The buyer, when buying accepted those terms. In dissassembling the rifle before contacting you could be construed as breech of contract on his part, therefore no refund/return is applicable. 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.