Tippmann M4 v2 - what weight BBs?

RostokMcSpoons

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

This is a quick request for opinions as obviously my mileage may vary a great deal from a stock gun... 
The used gun I bought has a Prometheus tight-bore, and I've just fitted a new Guarder Clear hop rubber on it.

It's definitely lifting my 0.28s when hop is applied... so I'm sure 0.30's would be 'safe', but could / should I buy the heaviest ammo in the shop tomorrow (I think it's probably 0.32's but maybe 0.36's) in the hope/expectation that all the magical HPA-ness will be able to lift those, and so increase the (currently rather average) accuracy?

... I just don't want to buy a bottle of 2 or 3 thousand for them to end up on my shelf unused.  

• Supporters

i'm probably the wrong person to be responding to this

but as heavy as you can get, then fit a maple leaf setup to get it to lift it......

jokes aside, as with all things it's a cost versus performance balance, and it's up to you. whilst i have fed a polarstar .48's and it was hilarious the little "ker-ching" noise every time you pull the trigger is an incessant reminder of how much money is going downrange :P so run whatever you think has the right balance for you.

one thing you need to be careful with on an hpa setup is joule creep, you want to be sure you're setting your pressures/dwell etc to the ammo you're using in-game and not anything lighter.

Thanks, that reminds me to pack the instructions in the gun case and make sure I've got the right size Allen keys in my kit bag!

I'm not going to silly-expensive on the BB's, the full auto experience is something I'm going to enjoy as much as possible!  But blimey, you can lift 0.48s? That is amazing...!

Edited by RostokMcSpoons

• Supporters
14 minutes ago, RostokMcSpoons said:

I'm not going to silly-expensive on the BB's, the full auto experience is something I'm going to enjoy as much as possible!

in that case your usual ammo weight for an assault gun would be a good pick if that's how you're gonna be using it, but if you wanna try heavier than why not.

19 minutes ago, RostokMcSpoons said:

But blimey, you can lift 0.48s? That is amazing...!

just a maple leaf macaron (green)+ omega nub, not particularly exotic, and bearing in mind that's at 1j. ofc you had to get all your firing done in the morning if you wanted to make hits in the afternoon.....

even used to run them in the makarov at ~0.7-0.75j and it'd lift them. range was hilarious but given i can't shoot pistols for shit it was kinda pointless, especially as it had a habit of bulging nozzles so i stopped using them.

Personally, I run mine with .32  valkyrie BBs,  never had any issues.

I have also recently upgraded mine with a poseidon barrel and maple leaf hop rubber (but am thinking of swapping it for a madbull red shark rubber)

Edited by Spartan09
Typo

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.