Most cost effective way to get an MWS upper?

MAX DICKER

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So I really want to have a second upper for my MWS, something with a longer barrel and scope for the rare occasions I play outdoors, but with how much after market receivers cost, I might as well buy a brand new mws and use that, and I'll have another magazine and a bunch of spare parts as well.

What are peoples thoughts?

Do you know anybody that would like a separate lower?

TBH I’ve only ever seen one complete upper for sale and it wasn’t far off a new MWS, as you say it may be your best option.

As someone who owns 4 MWS. It is usually cheaper and easier to just buy a complete separate gun and configure it how you want. It is pretty rare to pick up a separate upper and when they do come up they are nearly the price of a complete gun anyway.

One of my guns started off as a spare upper, someone on this forum damaged their lower and managed to pick up a pre-sprayed retailer two tone for a fair price and was very reasonable when selling the unnecessary upper on the forum. As I was planning a DMR upper the bright green front end was immediately going in my bits box anyway so that was fine for me. About a year later I saw someone selling a lower (as they wanted two uppers and a lower in the same gun case) and it was so cheap relative to the price of an upper that I bought it immediately if for no other reason than I would get more for a complete gun than for an upper only of I ever did decide to sell up.

Also if you are Looking at a DMR build for your second gun, a complete gun makes sense as you can semi lock the DMR lower so you can up the FPS.

Pics of my MWS, just why not....

2F98D497-5B1C-44F2-A314-BC15E640B0D9.thumb.jpeg.c327d9292ff5fe6f375ffba8fa89173f.jpeg.ac8cb9821301996bac2bba9d2203d12a.jpegE3204349-C870-4CC9-B66C-759A3CE47DEA.thumb.jpeg.d34d209307aff5268b79201692f876c7.jpeg.b7c65d9fcc0e67e43d50c75887d25f21.jpeg

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.