Hi Capa hammer sping pin direction

emilianoksa

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

It occurs to me that I may have been removing this pin incorrectly. So I'd greatly appreciate your help.

The Marui pin has a concave and convex end. Which end do I put the pin punch to, to remove the pin. I assume I tap it back from the other end on the other side - the side it comes out of. Does it have to be removed from right to left and installed from left to right, or does that not matter as long as the correct end of the pin is tapped out and the other end tapped in? Are the grip holes exactly the same size ie is it only the direction in which the pin is installed and removed? 

I also have a Guarder tactical grip on one of my hi capas. The pin for this has a convex end and a flat end. I have been tapping the convex end to get the pin out, and tapping the flat end to get it back in from the other side. Am I doing it wrong?

Thanks for the reply.

I was under the impression that one end of the pin is a tiny bit thicker than the other end and can chew up the hole in the grip over time if it is not inserted correctly ( and on some pistols is actually knurled to let you know), but I no longer have a set of callipers so am unable to work out which end of the tm pin is actually a bit thicker.

The Guarder grip I referred to is the same one used on the KJW Tactical Hi Capa KP-05.

Edited by emilianoksa

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.