Abbey gas can extension nozzles

emilianoksa

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I was about to get a couple of these through Amazon, but the reviews I read were very discouraging.

Most claimed it was a poor fit, didn't get gas into the mag, and sprayed gas everywhere else.

Maybe it is designed to be used with Abbey gases only.

Could any members who have used one kindly share their opinions?

Yeah. I bought one to get Abbey gas into my FNX45.  

Pretty much experienced what you described.  Not really long enough tbh, and very loose on the nozzle, so didn't work well. 

Ended up getting some (thinner than stock) 3d printed base plates so I could ditch the need for the extension

I generally use Nuprol gas, as they have steel, and much longer, fill tips than anything else, but I do have an abbey extension and it works perfectly on the plastic fill-tipped WE gas cans 🤷🏼‍♂️

Thanks for your replies.

I'll go ahead and get them. Who knows? Maybe they will work for me too. Using two will increase the length and I might be able to shim them to get a better fit.

In the meantime I will look at the Nuprol and WE gas cans. I imagine the Nuprol 1.0 low power gas is a decent alternative to Abbey 144a. Is there an equivalent WE low power gas? I expect they all both from the same place anyway.

I specifically want the gas for a plastic TM. And the Abbey 144a nozzle is very short.

On 06/03/2022 at 14:28, rocketdogbert said:

I generally use Nuprol gas, as they have steel, and much longer, fill tips than anything else, but I do have an abbey extension and it works perfectly on the plastic fill-tipped WE gas cans 🤷🏼‍♂️

I should have mentioned they seem loose on the actual Abbey cans.  Have tried it on three cans now (after this thread made me think I woukd give it another go) and it's loose on all of them.  And the gas goes everywhere lol

Hope the OP has more luck with them, or as it seems, they may work fine on the WE nozzles. 

• 4 weeks later...

I bought a couple. They are cheap enough.

Sadly I had the same experience as most other users. Using one or two together on a can of Abbey 144a, the gas spewed out everywhere. Not a drop went in the magazine.

I ended up buying a can of Nuprol 1.0 Blue to fill my TM FNX 45 mag.   No need for any extensions on the Nuprol nozzle.

I may try making my own extension with synthetic tubing and see if that works, as I have quite a lot of 144a.          

8 hours ago, emilianoksa said:

I bought a couple. They are cheap enough.

Sadly I had the same experience as most other users. Using one or two together on a can of Abbey 144a, the gas spewed out everywhere. Not a drop went in the magazine.

I ended up buying a can of Nuprol 1.0 Blue to fill my TM FNX 45 mag.   No need for any extensions on the Nuprol nozzle.

I may try making my own extension with synthetic tubing and see if that works, as I have quite a lot of 144a.          

I bought a pair of these. Allow me to use the Abbey cans without an extension. Dont look as nice though

https://projectairsoft.co.uk/products/2-airsoft-fnx-45-magazine-base-plates

Edited by MagpieTactical

6 minutes ago, rocketdogbert said:

A Good idea, but yeah butt ugly 🤣

One hundred percent. Once I have finished my Abbey, I am just going to use Nuprol 1.0 and put the nice standard base plates back on

Bit left of field, but you could try buying one of those cans of butane lighter gas with a dozen little adaptors in the lid. One of them might do the trick and it'll only cost a couple of pounds.

7 minutes ago, MagpieTactical said:

One hundred percent. Once I have finished my Abbey, I am just going to use Nuprol 1.0 and put the nice standard base plates back on

You can use up to red (Nuprol3) with no problems if you so desire 😎

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.