Umarex HK USP 9

emilianoksa

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Until recently I had no idea that VFC made a USP pistol. I knew about the VFC HK45 Compact, but, until the release of the TM USP full size, I thought the only USPs available were the USP 45 and USP Compact from KWA.

So I was surprised to discover that VFC also makes a USP 9 as well as its military variant, the HK P801.

Common sense tells me that he TM version will be the best, and I have never been drawn to KWA pistols, but I wondered why the VFC isn't talked about much. And not that many retailers seem to stock it. Has it not been a popular product? VFC pistols have had their problems but they tend to be better made than the KWA ones.

I have googled TM USP vs VFC USP but can't find a comparison anywhere. I just wondered if the VFC was a viable option for airsofters who want a USP with a metal slide.

I don't trust any pistol with a metal slide in the UK climate. Most of the year it's just not warm enough for them to work well. Though I know some people use high-powered gas with better results I wouldn't want to put that strain on the pistol, especially with VFC's "fantastic" reputation for their internals.

I can't confirm any of this because I've never owned a VFC USP, but I know that if I was going to get one I'd immediately get the TM one.

Yes, I understand where you are coming from.

But plenty of people still run pistols with metal slides during the summer months. The weather may still be shit, but at least the temperatures are higher.

Two of the VFC pistols - the FNX45 and HK45 Compact - get pretty good reviews. And lots of people buy their Glocks for the trades and nice external appearance,  though I have stuck to  the WE G series, which I trust more.

I'm happy to run a metal slide all year round and just upgrade to red or black gas as required. Provided you are using higher power gasses just to offset the temperature to get back to 'stock' green gas performance it causes no more wear on the pistol than green gas (the idea being the gas pressure falls as the temp drops so the gun is under no more stress using black gas in the cold as green gas in the summer).

I am also in the fortunate position of currently owning the VFC FNX 45, VFC HK45 Compact and the VFC built Sig M17 so have a reasonable amount of experience with VFC pistols. While I have not specifically owed a VFC USP my general feeling on VFC is that they look fantastic and function ok, but nothing more. They are also very difficult to get parts for if anything breaks.

For skirmishing my advice is to stick with your WE Glock. I get that they are boring and everyone has one, but they are reliable, perform  reasonably well, are super durable (They will even take Co2 mags without upgrades and last ok), have great parts availability and for the cost of the VFC USP and a spare Mag you can buy two WE Glocks so still get 2 mags and if you drop one in the dirt or you do have a failure you can just switch to the other one for the rest of the day.

That being said if you REALLY want a USP I'm sure the VFC one will be ok, but not great, right up until something breaks and then it will go in a draw and get forgotten about because you can't get spares.

If you really are looking for the maximum out of box airsoft performance from a pistol then depending on personal preference the Marui FNX45 and Marui HK45 (both of which I also own) really are light years ahead of anything else that I have tried (short of very expensive custom hi-capa builds), but are expensive, plastic and work like a cheep 90s cap gun in double action mode (which does spoil the immersion a touch).

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.