Tight Bore barrel

2RIR

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all, looking for a bit of advice, I'm looking to upgrade my krytac trident mk2 spr and crb, so as I live in Northern Ireland we're stuck to 1 joule and I've put a maple leaf bucking and their omega nub in both and truthfully not much if any difference, so I know the stock barrel in both are 6.05mm and that prometheus do barrels for krytac but are they worth it, or do they even make a difference at 1 joule. Thanks in advance for your help and look forward to hearing from you. 

That'll cost you what, £60 or so delivered. I would be very surprised if you see a measurable improvement. As you've already discovered with the maple leaf, the stock setup in these guns is decent.

Personally, I wouldn't bother. The OEM brass barrel on the Krytac is fairly decent from what I've seen/heard. 

Internal finish is more important than the bore size, but the Hop Rubber/Nub combo has a far more significant impact overall, and you've already done those.

As @Cr0-Magnon says, it's unlikely you'll see much, if any, improvement with a tightbore. You might see a slight FPS increase though, which is something you'll need to careful of given NI Laws. 

What ammo do you use?

That'd be a better starting point than changing anything internally.

Use good quality, mid-weight ammo like 0.28 - 0.32 (if you're not already), where suitable before changing anything.

Edited by Hudson

I'm using 0.25g bbs I can put 0.28g bbs in it but it puts me right at the limits, some shots went over some didn't so I just used the 0.25g just to be safe, I've just got the barrel today from a local retailer, luckily if I don't see any change then he will let me return it so I'll let you know what the results are. 

• 2 weeks later...

Well gents, I'd said I'd let you know the results, I finally got round to putting my barrel into my krytac but before I did I checked my grouping at 25mtrs and it was pretty decent. After I put the barrel into it I changed my bucking to a promy purple and a namazu firefly nub and flat hopped it and omg it made a hell of a difference to my accuracy, fps and range, unfortunately I can't test this beyond 25mtrs until game day this Sunday but in a cqb environment this is gonna be deadly. 

Edited by 2RIR

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.