Changing gearbox

Picklerick90

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I've been playing airsoft for about 6 months, with some mates from work, and as soon as we all realised we loved it, we bought our own guns. I regrettably bought a lancer tactical lt-12, and had nothing but issues with it. Me and a friend tried sorting it ourselves, hence not being able to return it. The other day I noticed that the gearbox was cracked, and is now unusable, I was looking at replacing the gearbox completely, so looked into buying a complete gearbox, would this one fit into my lancer tactical body? And does it look trustworthy? I really know nothing lol help!

https://www.patrolbase.co.uk/specna-arms-complete-reinforced-gearbox-v2-with-electronic-contact-rear-wired

It should fit, though it might me worth having a look at ak2m4.co.uk

They usually have standalone shells and if you retain the components from your current box it'd be cheaper and make changes that you want to.

Sadly I'm all out of gearbox shells.  I've not come across the SA complete gearboxes before so not sure it will work in a Lancer or even what the quality is like.  No matter what after-market shell you use there's always a chance of some incompatibility.  Even 1mm of difference can mean the difference between feeding and not feeding, always good to keep in mind.

The Lancer is defaintely fixable but will take a bit of time and money, maybe worth putting that towards a new aeg and then tinkering around with the Lancer, get yourself an E&C shell from a HK store (around £30), slowly work on it.  

14 minutes ago, ak2m4 said:

Sadly I'm all out of gearbox shells.  I've not come across the SA complete gearboxes before so not sure it will work in a Lancer or even what the quality is like.  No matter what after-market shell you use there's always a chance of some incompatibility.  Even 1mm of difference can mean the difference between feeding and not feeding, always good to keep in mind.

The Lancer is defaintely fixable but will take a bit of time and money, maybe worth putting that towards a new aeg and then tinkering around with the Lancer, get yourself an E&C shell from a HK store (around £30), slowly work on it.  

Thanks for the advice! That was the conclusion I was coming to before I found the SA gearbox, can you suggest anything reliable? can go upto £200, just don't wanna get burned again like I did with the lancer...rushed into that, just wanted to have my own AEG. Lesson learned!

The Lancer RIFs seem to be rather fussy about which gearboxes they will work with.  I haven't done any measurements but have tried G&G, Classic Army and E&C gearboxes in an LT-12 with no success.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.