Multi charge board

snuff

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Is it worth investing in one of these?Any info or feedback is welcomed.How do you know when one battery is charged/balanced?Using with an Imax B6.Charging 4-6 batteries atm.If not worth it it's no biggeee,I never leave them unattended but they take time...Thanks.

71feRrH4MWL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

I use them for flight batteries and they can be used safely.

Do some reading around parallel charging lipos, then decide if it's for you. If all you batteries are the same then its easier.

@concretesnailthnaks,Just Googled it no good for me.But just in case if anyone else is curious you can only charge batteries of the same cell count(obvious) but also same capacity.I use 3 different battery sizes so no good.I'll look for an alternative,thanks.

I've mixed capacity before as the packs are the same cell count but don't mix cell counts (different total voltage).

If all your packs are resting at the same voltage then its OK.

For a good guide it's worth having a run through videos by Joshua Bardwell as a good guide.

If you do decide that it's not for you then I'd look at a multipack charger.

Skyrc and isdt both do a good duel charger, it's effectively two chargers sharing a psu, but you can set each one separately.

Edited by concretesnail

I looked into them and decided against.

For me it boiled down to utility. Whilst I have 4 identical 7.4v's for the AUGS, they rarely have similar charge levels on them. So there's that extra step of taking each battery and putting it through a discharge cycle. Added to that when you come to charge the charger will be the limiting factor.

7.4v 2200mAh 5C charge capable. Regular 1C  charge is 2.2A. Gang 4 up and you need 8.8A from a single charger, Perfectly possible for some of the better chargers. The charge will take 1 hour. - but it'll take longer if you can't do the 8.8A.

It worked out for me to be more efficient just to have more chargers.

A quad channel charger is about £130, 4 cloned B6AC £100, 4 real B6AC £140. With more chargers I can pick and choose how I want to charge. 11.1 on one, 7.4 on another, fast charge 2C on that one I need right now ect ect. And it gives me at least 1 spare charger for emergencies. The other huge advantage is I know each battery is been monitored. With a balance board the charger can't tell what's going on with any individual cell and may force charge into a problem cell.

The biggest single issue with a quad charger is space management. If you were to say mix up the leads there's a chance you could cause problems. I know Kevin Talbot on youtube has done this by accident and set at least 1 battery on fire on video. If all the chargers are singles the chance of making a mistake is reduced.

Edited by Iceni

1 hour ago, concretesnail said:

Skyrc and isdt both do a good duel charger, it's effectively two chargers sharing a psu, but you can set each one separately.

Looking at multi-chargers atm,but as I said it's not a bigeee,just trying to get efficent..oh no I'm an airsofter..forget that..😊

Thanks for the helpful advice all...

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.