Full auto in semi

KarlosM15

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all, 

wondering if you can help I rebuilt my v2 gearbox in my old ASG M15 last year just before the festival it worked great but was over powered so the lads at the festival dropped a lower spring in wicked job done running 345fps or so I thought took it out just before Xmas and now have this problem with full auto in semi! I’ve changed the trigger switch, spring on cut off lever, the cut off lever itself the only thing I haven’t done is gears? Does anyone think that could be the problem don’t want to spend much more on an old gun money I’d spent on it could have brought me a new gun! 
also have the trigger getting stuck and clicking noises which I didn’t have before! 

Any help much appreciated 

thanks

As someone quite new to tech'ing, I'd question whether the selector gears / plate were correctly positioned - but as you've been taking it all apart and putting it back together then I'd say that's unlikely.
*Unless* you've been putting it back together exactly as 'the lads' had done...?  In which case they may have got it wrong and you're keeping it the same?

First thing I would check is the COL is moving. If you've had it in bits there's always the chance you nipped it up a little too much and now it's binding. Or the other common mistake, you forgot to put the little spring back on the COL.

How exactly does the fault present itself? By that I mean how is the trigger functioning. Does it stick on full auto, Or does it stop as soon as you release the trigger.

If it's sticking you might have the contact a little tight and it's holding the trigger dolly.

If you've changed the trigger it may be riding a little high and keeping engaged on the dolly.

The Dolly return spring might prefer to be in the other way round and it's keeping the dolly pressed to the trigger.

Edited by Iceni

Done all those and even replaced! Spoke to a tech thinks it could be gears or selector plate! To be honest it’s an old gun brought like 2010 or something like that so was thinking of just replacing the gearbox shell. Then can get new bits that didn’t buy already maybe give that a try! 
what is a good v2 gearbox replacement? 

Is it possible that the sector gear is shimmed too high so is not engaging the cutoff lever?

It should be just loose enough to move freely.

• 8 months later...
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.