Specna Arms SA-H22 EDGE 2.0 vs Double Eagle M908A Fire Control System Edition

Jxmie

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey, I am wondering if anyone has any experience with either of these guns. I know the post before me asked about another DE gun and a reply said all M900 series have the same internals and the guns are really good. But I also found this Specna Arms gun too at a similar price range and am wondering if this is also a respectable gun as I am pretty sure I read somewhere that Specna guns are good quality (correct me if i am wrong). I prefer the look of the Specna gun a little more, and it is in stock, but wondering if answers to either of my questions could help me choose.

1. What is the difference between the 'FALCON Electric Fire Control System' and the 'GATE ASTER MOSFET V2'? Pros/cons to either?
  2. Can either of these guns run an 11.1v LiPo battery?

SA-H22 https://www.patrolbase.co.uk/specna-arms-sa-h22-edge-2-0-tm-carbine-aeg?pv=17793

M908A https://www.patrolbase.co.uk/double-eagle-m908a-fire-control-system-edition

I can't tell you specifically about the Specna, but they have a good rep too.

There's a good video for the DE FCS, you should be able to find it easily in YT.  I'm not sure how the Aster compares.

I had a long discussion about the pros and cons of running 11.1v on a UK spec gun (i.e relatively low spring compression, increasing rate of fire and potentially increasing the possibility of breaking the thing) 

Well to cut a long story short my expensive Titan 7.4v Li-Ion is now my backup battery and I'm running a couple of small 11.1v Li-Pos through the day... so yeah 11.1 works.  Other people have reported no issues longer term

Comparison video...

(Apologies for the big crappy watermark, it's my first go with video editing so haven't 'invested' in it yet)

I've just got a chrono yesterday, so I'll add the actual rates of fire into the description today.  Yesterday I got 12rps with the 7.4v and 15 (iirc) off the 11.1v, but that battery was nearly out of juice, hence a re-test today.

edit:  Chrono on the fully charged Turnigy 11.1v is 16.4 rounds per sec which I'm more than happy with.  In fact I chew through ammo noticeably faster (I tend to do the suppressive fire thang a lot when I'm not sneaking) so the 7.4v is still perfectly viable.
(Added the rates of fire to the video now)

The Negative Airsoft chap says one of the good things about Specna is they are not set to run too fast on 11.1, so not overstressing components.  I suspect the DE is similar.

Edited by RostokMcSpoons
Updated video, and RoF info

• Supporters

Fair summary.

Since Luke at Negative has just lampshaded the issue, I'll confirm that my Specna is super fussy about magazines, and no, the Reddit "juts chaenge teh MAGA zine catch!!1!" solution isn't going to cut it.  There's something very fussy about the hop alignment, feed tube length, or gearbox shell dimensions stopping most mid cap magazines from feeding well.  I thought it was just mine, but apparently they all do that.

On that basis alone, I can't whole-heartedly recommend Specnas at this point, as it's the sort of thing that sounds like a minor inconvenience, but is actually really annoying in practice.

It seems to be your slightly lucky day in that JD Airsoft have an Advent Calendar special on Specna's:

https://jdairsoft.net/deals/day-12

The H22 isn't there but the H09 is on offer...
image.png.a1c3237b6d703d7d1cbb6be8ee0f8e2a.png

Pretty hard to resist at that price, I'd imagine.  Though you'll have no space for nunchuck batteries in that particular stock. 

Could get a after-market crane stock to replace it, they're from £15-£50, or even less used.

Edited by RostokMcSpoons

I have a edge 1 so I'm not sure the difference between the versions. It's it's absolutely rubbish compared to the DE guns I have. 

It's never worked properly out the box and en though it's metal it feels a lot cheaper in the hand, and rattle and flexs in the hand more than the polymer DE. 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.