ICS and G&G gbb pistols

emilianoksa

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Their first releases were pistols which had no real steel counterparts, but they then switched over to recognisable guns like the 1911 and Beretta 92, albeit unllcensed. ICS in particular has a number of new models on the market, including a fully licensed model of a Turkish pistol, a Korth and now a Hi Capa.                                                                                                                                        .

Does anybody have any experience of these guns produced by companies with a pretty solid reputation for aegs but who are new to the gbb market?

Is there any reason to think they would have superior build quality to the likes of KJW, WE etc.?  Is the pot metal they use likely to be a bit better. The pot metal on G&G and ICS rifles is pretty good after all. 

I have been tempted to try the ICS BM92, and although the few reviews I have seen have been positive, there isn't a lot about them on the web.

• Moderators

I've got the korth, lovely looks & feel, plinked a bit in the garden but I've yet to skirmish it so I'll have to get to you on that. 

1 hour ago, emilianoksa said:

Their first releases were pistols which had no real steel counterparts, but they then switched over to recognisable guns like the 1911 and Beretta 92, albeit unllcensed. ICS in particular has a number of new models on the market, including a fully licensed model of a Turkish pistol, a Korth and now a Hi Capa.                                                                                                                                        .

Does anybody have any experience of these guns produced by companies with a pretty solid reputation for aegs but who are new to the gbb market?

Is there any reason to think they would have superior build quality to the likes of KJW, WE etc.?  Is the pot metal they use likely to be a bit better. The pot metal on G&G and ICS rifles is pretty good after all. 

I have been tempted to try the ICS BM92, and although the few reviews I have seen have been positive, there isn't a lot about them on the web.

I have seen a ICS Korth used and got to shoot it Ironically it was garbage. 

• Moderators
14 minutes ago, BigStew said:

I have seen a ICS Korth used and got to shoot it Ironically it was garbage. 

How so ? 

No issues with mine cycling etc, & accuracy is good, bearing in mind that I have 2 tm hi-capas to compare it to. 

15 minutes ago, Tackle said:

How so ? 

No issues with mine cycling etc, & accuracy is good, bearing in mind that I have 2 tm hi-capas to compare it to. 

barely cycled and could have spat the bbs further. possibly a duff gun but not heard any glowing reviews for any ICS pistols 

I've got an ICS BLE-XAE that I bought from the classifieds and it shoots OK. (About 310fps and accurate to my test range of ~20m)

Strangely it is marked ASG on the side.

I did improve it a bit with a slightly longer polished barrel and my unpatented method of using an acrylic pen on the nozzle and gas port to improve air seals.

The ICS BM92 mags look a lot like the WE M9 ones so I suspect they're the same or very similar in design.

Edited by EDcase

Just now, EDcase said:

I've got an ICS BLE-XAE that I bought from the classifieds and it shoots OK.

Strangely it is marked ASG on the side.

I did improve it a bit with a slightly longer polished barrel and my unpatented method of using an acrylic pen on the nozzle and gas port.

The ICS BM92 mags look a lot like the WE M9 ones so I suspect they're the same or very similar in design.

wouldn't surprise me most GBB pistols are TM clones

1 minute ago, BigStew said:

wouldn't surprise me most GBB pistols are TM clones

Yes in most aspects but some companies like to tinker with the design.  Either because they think they have a better idea for something or to make bits like mags proprietary.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.