strapping cases together?

concretesnail

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Afternoon all, I'm.wondering if anyone else has thought of or does strap cases together when transporting rifs.

I using 3 cases at the moment, only one has wheels and I'd like to be able to connect all three together so they can be moved as one or if its only a pair, use a shoulder strap.

Luggage straps occurred but the cases are hard and slide along each other so something more akin to a guitar backpack strap but with the backpack it.

Anybody got any idea as to what I'm on about?

39 minutes ago, concretesnail said:

Afternoon all, I'm.wondering if anyone else has thought of or does strap cases together when transporting rifs.

I using 3 cases at the moment, only one has wheels and I'd like to be able to connect all three together so they can be moved as one or if its only a pair, use a shoulder strap.

Luggage straps occurred but the cases are hard and slide along each other so something more akin to a guitar backpack strap but with the backpack it.

Anybody got any idea as to what I'm on about?

Yes (I get the idea of what you’re on about)

Ive used one of these modular travel cases:

F0886AE0-C0F2-464F-A3B3-35058C9D4AB5.jpeg.2f877d107a7a9f986f06bc354c4060e0.jpeg

The angle of the picture isn’t ideal, but it’s a stand up roller suitcase at the back, the bottom half up front showing is a fixed bag on the suitcases ‘flap’ and the top half up front is a clip on laptop style bag.  (You can see the two top handles of the laptop bag and the main case behind)

Within the main case is a standard extendable handle, and the wheels are fairly chunky - not highly off road, but better than a basic roller case designed for in town only 

If you stack the cases and strap them well then it will work.  The issues will be that the added bulk makes things unwieldy and you might overload the design capability of the roller cases wheels and perhaps add strain to the handle

When all combined it probably won’t want to stand up, so be prepared to rock up then lay it all flat

Otherwise it’s doable 

If you’re not confident in the strength of your underlying roller case then a luggage / sack trolley with good tyres wins 

For example this beast takes anything we can stack on it

AEDB09E4-CC4F-411A-954E-56B5A302C974.jpeg.1b479380d161b3eca5c2080dcb6a431b.jpeg

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.