PLEASE HELP!!! Gun disassembly

Liamcella96

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi Guys. I'm trying to take apart my airsoft gun so I am able to give it a full clean and remove any dirt and dust that may have built up over years of playing.

The gun is a A&K SPR Mod 1.

My question is how in God's name do I remove the hand guard? I can't for the life of me work out how. As it seems the iron sights need to come off first also and I cannot figure how to get them off either.

any help whatsoever is greatly appreciated and happy sorting everybody.

• Supporters
2 hours ago, Liamcella96 said:

Hi Guys. I'm trying to take apart my airsoft gun so I am able to give it a full clean and remove any dirt and dust that may have built up over years of playing.

The gun is a A&K SPR Mod 1.

My question is how in God's name do I remove the hand guard? I can't for the life of me work out how. As it seems the iron sights need to come off first also and I cannot figure how to get them off either.

any help whatsoever is greatly appreciated and happy sorting everybody.

First off, you'll need to remove the top rail that goes the length of the rifle. Once that's off then you'll need to unscrew the ring at the base of the handguard (nearest the receiver) to release the rail from the front of the receiver.

31 minutes ago, Liamcella96 said:

Thanks guys. Figured it out now. In order to twist the outer barrel I had to remove the 2 locking pins. How do you get them back in easily haha.

Make a note which side they came out.

The pins should have grooves/hatching at one end. Other end goes in first.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.