Cyma Platinum M4 upgrades

Harvem

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all,

Got into airsoft a few months ago, and am now looking to upgrade my Cyma Platinum CM097b.

I'm mainly looking for slightly more range and a bit more accuracy. I'm currently using 0.28's, though I might go to 0.30 or 0.32 once my current bottle of 0.28 BBs is empty. The replica shoots at around 340-350 FPS.

Here's the list of upgrades I have in mind:

- Maple leaf super macaron hop up rubber 60°

- Maple leaf omega nub tensioner

- Prowin hop up

- Prometheus barrel

What do you guys think about this? Any advice or things you would change on my list?

Also, is a different barrel worth it? The replica already comes with a precision inner barrel out of the box and these barrels are not cheap, so not sure if it's worth the price?

• Supporters

Maple Leaf rubbers, yes. 60 or even 50 for 1.1J.  Personally I'm not hugely sold on the omega nubs, but plenty of folk love them, and Gear Parts do a knock-off for a lot less.

Prowin, nah, ZCI plastic rotary hops do a great job for a tenner.  Sadly, some YouTube celeb bought up most of the UK stock a while back and they're still hard to find. :( 

Barrels, I've never spunked Prometheus money on one, I'm fine with ZCI and AOLS which perform well enough.  I don't know how "precise" that CYMA is, but all airsoft QC is essentially random anyway.

There's no right or wrong answer, or a magical way to get more than a few metres of effective range, it's all about what makes you feel good.

• Supporters

start with just the rubber and nub and work from there.

as a general rule unless there's anything specifically wrong with the stock unit i tend to reccommend not changing them. the pro-win units are regarded as having qc issues these days, so you wouldn't be guaranteed it'll improve anything.

i'd not bother with the barrel, if you must change then the ZCI 6.02 stainless barrels are very good bang for buck but tbh i'd be putting my attention to the air seal within the gearbox.

that said, if the airseal is decent (relatively low shot to shot deviation) then it's probably not worth pulling the box apart.

23 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

Maple Leaf rubbers, yes. 60 or even 50 for 1.1J.  Personally I'm not hugely sold on the omega nubs, but plenty of folk love them, and Gear Parts do a knock-off for a lot less.

Prowin, nah, ZCI plastic rotary hops do a great job for a tenner.  Sadly, some YouTube celeb bought up most of the UK stock a while back and they're still hard to find. :( 

Barrels, I've never spunked Prometheus money on one, I'm fine with ZCI and AOLS which perform well enough.  I don't know how "precise" that CYMA is, but all airsoft QC is essentially random anyway.

There's no right or wrong answer, or a magical way to get more than a few metres of effective range, it's all about what makes you feel good.

I'll take a look at the ZCI hop ups, thanks!

23 hours ago, Adolf Hamster said:

as a general rule unless there's anything specifically wrong with the stock unit i tend to reccommend not changing them. the pro-win units are regarded as having qc issues these days, so you wouldn't be guaranteed it'll improve anything.

i'd not bother with the barrel, if you must change then the ZCI 6.02 stainless barrels are very good bang for buck but tbh i'd be putting my attention to the air seal within the gearbox.

that said, if the airseal is decent (relatively low shot to shot deviation) then it's probably not worth pulling the box apart.

I'm gonna play tomorrow, so I'll test the shot to shot deviation to see if the air seal is good. As for the hop up, I want to change it for a rotary one, since the stock one is not a rotary.

• Supporters
12 hours ago, Harvem said:

the stock one is not a rotary

That does surprise me about the Platinums.  It's not as though rotaries are going to cost more to make, and they work very well. It's curious that CYMA have stuck with dial hops even in their higher spec guns.

On 08/10/2021 at 23:11, Adolf Hamster said:

Air seal doesn't seem great, got about 10 to 15 FPS deviation. What upgrades would I need to improve that?

• Supporters
26 minutes ago, Harvem said:

Air seal doesn't seem great, got about 10 to 15 FPS deviation. What upgrades would I need to improve that?

hmm, that is a bit wide.

it's hard to say what specifically is the cause, but have a read here for the common checks:

i'd make sure to read the foreword a couple of times and be sure you want to risk opening up the box.

if the seal is between the nozzle and hop, then changing the hop rubber (especially to a maple leaf as they tend to have longer feedlips) could well improve it enough anyway.

1 hour ago, Adolf Hamster said:

hmm, that is a bit wide.

it's hard to say what specifically is the cause, but have a read here for the common checks:

i'd make sure to read the foreword a couple of times and be sure you want to risk opening up the box.

if the seal is between the nozzle and hop, then changing the hop rubber (especially to a maple leaf as they tend to have longer feedlips) could well improve it enough anyway.

I'll take a look at it, thanks!

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.