Daft question regarding shoulder protectors.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi folks, have an extremely dumb question to ask here so forgive my rookieness.

As part of my sci-fi-ish loadout I purchased a set of Flyye shoulder protectors to a) protect my shoulders as I like to hit the dirt during gameplay and crawl and b) for added sci-fi tacticool vanity.

I can't seem to find a way to attach them to my crossdraw vest, will they only work with plate carriers? I tried looping the top velcro strap around the shoulders (I assume that's how they go on) but they end up dragging the vest off my shoulders.

I've considered replacing my vest with a plate carrier as I don't run with much gear so don't really need the multiple pouches anymore.

Ta,

Eezer G

• Supporters
50 minutes ago, Ebeneezer Goode said:

Hi folks, have an extremely dumb question to ask here so forgive my rookieness.

As part of my sci-fi-ish loadout I purchased a set of Flyye shoulder protectors to a) protect my shoulders as I like to hit the dirt during gameplay and crawl and b) for added sci-fi tacticool vanity.

I can't seem to find a way to attach them to my crossdraw vest, will they only work with plate carriers? I tried looping the top velcro strap around the shoulders (I assume that's how they go on) but they end up dragging the vest off my shoulders.

I've considered replacing my vest with a plate carrier as I don't run with much gear so don't really need the multiple pouches anymore.

Ta,

Eezer G

A length of bungee cord across the top of your shoulders , so there linked together but you’ve still got the room for movement as it’ll stretch when needed ? 

On 05/10/2021 at 22:52, Druid799 said:

A length of bungee cord across the top of your shoulders , so there linked together but you’ve still got the room for movement as it’ll stretch when needed ? 

Druid - many thanks for your reply and my apologies for not responding sooner.

I actually found a frig of sorts by using the velcro rank slides on my flight suit to velcro them in place. Now they're sitting right and staying in place.

Will keep the bungee cord idea in mind however in case a rethink ever needed.

Ta

Eezer

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.