WE Makarov. Magazine not locking in place

Cannonfodder

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello all, as the title says, I'm having trouble with my WE makarov magazines not locking into place. Every time I load a magazine it drops down a few mm and so won't fire. Does anyone know what could be causing this and how to fix it? 

All help and advice is appreciated 

• Supporters

i have seen one where the mag catch was installed the opposite way round meaning it wouldnt lock a mag, the spring tension would stop it falling out but you could just pull it down and it'd come free.

i'm guessing there's no obvious sign of wear on the magazine tab?

the mag catch isn't too hard to get to, just the one big screw on the back of the grip and a sliding metal retainer.

• 3 weeks later...

Update: this turned out to be a very simple fix. The mag catch had become slightly bent so I just pushed it forward without the mag in the gun and now it holds fine

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.