Magpul B.A.D lever, opinions please?

Joe142

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all, so I’ve seen lately the magpul B.A.D lever and love the look of it but I’m not really sure how practical it may be in game, what do you all rekon? Thinking of buying and installing one on my mws 😁

Not worth it in my opinion, once you've got used to using them they can certainly speed you up but if you decide to go ahead with it you'll likely need to pick up a lightweight bolt stop plate/ZET plate (I've seen them called different things) to keep your bolt stop working reliably. The downside of that being the lightweight replacement may not last as long as the stock one. So yeah, not worth it imo but at least you have the information now.

In terms of 'putting my money where my mouth is' I actually own a BAD lever and a few lightweight plates and am yet to install either, purely on a case of 'if it ain't broke'. And just to get ahead of any messages I may get, no, I don't want to sell them.

Edited by alxndrhll

6 hours ago, Joe142 said:

Hi all, so I’ve seen lately the magpul B.A.D lever and love the look of it but I’m not really sure how practical it may be in game, what do you all rekon? Thinking of buying and installing one on my mws 😁

Mostly, the catchspring isn’t strong enough in the MWS to take the extra weight of the BAD lever, it won’t latch back reliably 

I tried one but due to latching and the issues of having controls inside the trigger guard (not a great idea!) I sold mine 😀

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.