Specna 1 series (not edge) handguards

RonLancs

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all, gonna buy a specna B01 and turn it into an “Iraq spec” m4a1… Just wondering if anyone knows of any compatibility issues with after market handguards? I suspect barrel nuts will be different etc. Any advice welcome. 

Cheers, 

Ron

7CBD60CB-9C92-445E-98F0-E2E2AB12DBBF.jpeg

Edited by RonLancs

depends on the handguard, as it uses a standard delta ring there shouldn't be any problem aas long as it uses the same

just may need to shim the outer barrel if it doesn't quite sit properly

29 minutes ago, strykerles said:

depends on the handguard, as it uses a standard delta ring there shouldn't be any problem aas long as it uses the same

just may need to shim the outer barrel if it doesn't quite sit properly

Aye, was also considering getting a ring printed or an adapter. 

I'm sure a RAS with drop in if it's using a standard Delta Ring.

I would consider the RAS 2 - where there is a stabilising section of RIS that bridges the receiver and RAS Rail. Stops wobble which is quite common with this type of handguard.

https://www.fire-support.co.uk/product/ares-ris-front-end-ras-2-kit---save-pound6650

• Supporters
7 hours ago, RonLancs said:

Hi all, gonna buy a specna B01 and turn it into an “Iraq spec” m4a1… Just wondering if anyone knows of any compatibility issues with after market handguards? I suspect barrel nuts will be different etc. Any advice welcome. 

Cheers, 

Ron

7CBD60CB-9C92-445E-98F0-E2E2AB12DBBF.jpeg

You'll be fine. Standard delta ring. As long as you buy a half decent handguard you won't get wobble either so no need for the RAS 2.

This might be worth a look: https://www.popularairsoft.com/news/travis-haley-oif-m4a1-sopmod-clone

8 hours ago, Lozart said:

You'll be fine. Standard delta ring. As long as you buy a half decent handguard you won't get wobble either so no need for the RAS 2.

This might be worth a look: https://www.popularairsoft.com/news/travis-haley-oif-m4a1-sopmod-clone

You not reckon I’ll get away with a Alli special? 

31 minutes ago, RonLancs said:

It will probably fit. I doubt it'll be a great fit, but it should mount nonetheless.

The RS KAC RAS has a 'claw' that clamps over the gas tube onto the delta ring, along with a sprung clip on the front of the rail that tucks under the front hand guard cap . Many cheapo rails do not have either of these.

image.png.654afa7eb7cb56ae617ec081356c3f62.pngimage.png.7801600f9185897c1bb77d76ae7eab2a.png

Decent airsoft replicas do have these features. I had a Lonex gun which had a KAC RAS style rail that exactly mirrored the real steel and it was rock solid.

Edited by Speedbird_666

• Supporters
2 hours ago, RonLancs said:

Honestly? I never had an issue with cheap drop in quad rails wobbling. At least, not so bad that it was bothering me. At least if you drop a fiver on an AliEx rail and it's shit, you haven't exactly lost much!

As @Speedbird_666 says though, a half decent one will have that little clamp bit that stops it wobbling.

21 minutes ago, Lozart said:

Honestly? I never had an issue with cheap drop in quad rails wobbling. At least, not so bad that it was bothering me. At least if you drop a fiver on an AliEx rail and it's shit, you haven't exactly lost much!

As @Speedbird_666 says though, a half decent one will have that little clamp bit that stops it wobbling.

Dang, a 5er? I’ve not seen these rails. 

• Supporters
7 minutes ago, RonLancs said:

Dang, a 5er? I’ve not seen these rails. 

Good point actually, it's been a minute since I bought a quad rail! There's some on there for about £8 but even the £20 ish ones don't have the clamp part.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.