TM FN57, Outer barrel/O Ring/wayward shots

Asomodai

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey all.

Picked up an aftermarket outer barrel for the FN57 which is supposed to stop the Hop unit and such from wearing out. I fitted the barrel and test fired at 5 metres and seemed fine.

I immediately took it to Cornwall and I am here for the next few months with no tools, (though I still have the original outer barrel with me).

I took it to a game day today and noticed the O-Ring that is on the Outer Barrel to prevent the recoil spring and stopper from falling off had broken in half and fell out. 

When firing the pistol about a third of the shots immediately fire a good 5-10 degrees to the left and then curve around to the right. Some shots have too much hop and the rest not enough.

Now considering I have no tools, what is the most likely culprit?

The new outer barrel?

The missing O ring which is there specifically to stop the recoil spring going too far forward and going missing when disassembling? (it may have a secondary barrel stabilising function, but I can't prove that without a working O ring)

Something else?

Here are photos of the new outer barrel and the old one. 

NewIMG-20210822-WA0009.thumb.jpeg.9a7e10208c40c585d02d850c624bed22.jpeg

Old 

httpimg3.redwolfairsoft.comuploadproductimgtm-fn-22-1l.jpg.ff77ecaa91e3f68f526ede81f93dc89e.jpg

Any idea what size O ring the stock one is?

IMG-20210822-WA0014.thumb.jpeg.2a17c73555f65d176f6a2fdd96882865.jpeg

Edited by Asomodai

• Asomodai changed the title to TM FN57, Outer barrel/O Ring/wayward shots
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.