Aps asr119x firing hot out of box

C meadows

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all. I'm new to the site and wondering if anybody had the same issues with there gun. I'm needing to get a new spring to lower the fps below 350 as it firing at nearly 400 fps.  I'm not sure on what spring is in the gun and if a m90 would do the job. Cheers all

3 hours ago, C meadows said:

Hi all. I'm new to the site and wondering if anybody had the same issues with there gun. I'm needing to get a new spring to lower the fps below 350 as it firing at nearly 400 fps.  I'm not sure on what spring is in the gun and if a m90 would do the job. Cheers all

if the gun is brand new return it to the retailer. don't faff about with it.

• Supporters

Oof. Yes, what you've been sold there isn't an airsoft gun as it's over 1.3J and capable of full auto, which makes it by default a Section 5 go-to-jail prohibited firearm.

One thing though, you are testing it with 0.2g BBs, not whatever random yellow blobs came in the box with it?

I do have to ask because the top hits for it are from BBgunz4u style sites, or pre-two-toned.

• Supporters
33 minutes ago, EDcase said:

Yeah, its actually illegal for them to have sold it to you in that state.

As an example of how utterly fouled up firearms law is, it's actually not an offence to sell a Section 5 firearm.  It's an offence to possess, purchase or acquire one though.

This is the exact opposite of VCRA Section 36.

Bought it from extreme airsolf leister and I'm based in ipswich and yes I'm running 0.20 through it and it's average is around 396 fps. I wanted to use it next weekend so I'm happy enough to change the spring just not knowing what's in it atm I'm not sure which to buy. I might get a m90 and a m100 to see which I can get away with. My son also bought a aeg the same day which is running 400 fps too so a little naughty really and I'm glad I checked it. 

• Supporters

Hmm, a different make and and model is coming in about the same energy?  You're definitely not testing with 0.12?  If not, you might want to check your chrono against another one.  At the end of the day (well, at the start) it's the site chrono that will matter.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.