Upgrading Krytac CRB MK2

Luke-1418

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey guys, looking to upgrade my CRB into a DMR, I plan on increasing barrel length to 430mm with a Prometheus barrel and increase FPS to as close to 500 as I'm able to get without changing anything in the gearbox, yes I'll be locking to Semi dont worry as otherwise in the UK that thing would legally be becoming a firearm

Anyway, what would be the best spring for me to get without changing gearbox and any other small things I can do?

16 hours ago, Luke-1418 said:

Hey guys, looking to upgrade my CRB into a DMR, I plan on increasing barrel length to 430mm with a Prometheus barrel and increase FPS to as close to 500 as I'm able to get without changing anything in the gearbox, yes I'll be locking to Semi dont worry as otherwise in the UK that thing would legally be becoming a firearm

Anyway, what would be the best spring for me to get without changing gearbox and any other small things I can do?

have you checked the FPS limit at the site you play at? Some sites restrict DMRs to 450FPS max limit.

That's true. 450 with couple of seconds between shots.👍

Regards 

• Supporters
38 minutes ago, BigStew said:

have you checked the FPS limit at the site you play at? Some sites restrict DMRs to 450FPS max limit.

He's listed RIFT Comms Site 3 who say:

DMR - Semi Auto Only
MAXIMUM of 500 FPS 30 meter minimum engagement rule.
2/3 Second delay between shots / wait until the first shot has landed before firing again.
Semi Auto LOCKED - please report to a Marshal on the Day.
(typical battery operated or HPA Semi Auto Weapon)
Side Arm/SMG required for CQB.

So yeah, 500 is fine. Personally I'd go for reliability over out and out power. Given the required shot delay and MED there's no real advantage over a bolt action which would be easier to make reliable at that muzzle velocity.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.