Umarex HK416A5 V2 PTS EPM magazine wobble?

Voodoo.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

The magazines seem to wobble quite a bit, I figure that I need to wrap some tape around the tip. My question is, how tight should the magazine fit?

16 minutes ago, Voodoo. said:

The magazines seem to wobble quite a bit, I figure that I need to wrap some tape around the tip. My question is, how tight should the magazine fit?

Is it feeding? If it is maybe just accepted it wobbles. If you can't the loop side of Velcro would be better you can melt it to fit. Ideally If you are holding a gun straight the mag should drop free due to gravity when the mag release is pressed.

38 minutes ago, BigStew said:

Is it feeding? If it is maybe just accepted it wobbles. If you can't the loop side of Velcro would be better you can melt it to fit. Ideally If you are holding a gun straight the mag should drop free due to gravity when the mag release is pressed.

It is feeding, it's side-to-side wobble. I read that you can tighten the magwell, but I'm unsure how lol

Agree with @BigStew.

I like the mags to drop free when the release is pushed or if you want to be uber cool, when you flick the gun on its side while reaching for another mag 🙂

I've practiced this at home and succeeded in breaking a mirror and a picture frame☹

I don't do it anymore!

Not sure you can tighten the magwell though 🤔

Regards 

I had this issue with mine; I resolved it by sticking a couple of thin strips of velcro tape (the 'soft' side) into the magwell at either side, and I also put some electrical tape behind it so I could easily peel it out & replace if needed. The wobble is pretty much gone now (there's still some slight movement but not enough to bother me) and I can still drop mags quickly if needed.

Edited by Ad_

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.