Gg Gec36 Upgrades?

Brotherhood98

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I've got a GEC36 that I've got to strip apart some time soon to sort out a hop up issue, whilst it's apart is there any other upgrades that people have done that are worth doing? 

Screenshot_20210710_093719_com.instagram.android_edit_79362695415493.jpg

• Supporters

that would depend on what you're using the gun for, how it currently shoots, and what areas of performance you'd like to improve.

for example i could recommend a long list of things to check/change for improving range/accuracy but that would be pointless if the sites you play at have short engagement distances.

Well currently I can't shoot anything with it as the hop up just completely gave up on life.

But I play a 50/50 split between cqb in an abandoned prison where there is the occasional long shots to be made across car parks, long hallways and open areas etc. Then the other times I'm in a large woodland where the more range I can get out of the better.

Edited by Brotherhood98

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Brotherhood98 said:

Well currently I can't shoot anything with it as the hop up just completely gave up on life.

But I play a 50/50 split between cqb in an abandoned prison where there is the occasional long shots to be made across car parks, long hallways and open areas etc. Then the other times I'm in a large woodland where the more range I can get out of the better.

for range you want good quality heavy ammo (as heavy as you can afford depending on the round count, for me the ~.3g range is a nice balance of cost/performance for outdoors), a hop than can lift said ammo (i'm a fan of maple leaf macaron+omega nub combo, or pdi W-hop for guns that don't like the ml feedlips), as good an air seal as you can get and energy output at least decently close to the site limit (which might be lower than ideal for outdoors if your cqb site has a lower limit)

for air seal have a look here for how to check it:

that's if you're happy enough opening up the box. alternately the shot-shot fps variation on a chrono can be a good indication (you want every round at the same fps)

you also want to be cleaning the barrel on the regular if you aren't already (minimum before every game day, if not also during)

if you've got all that sorted and still want more then you might want to look at barrels, the ZCI stainless 6.02's are very good performance for the money, just pick whatever length is closest to the stock barrel.

• 2 weeks later...

Nice one, cheers for the info 👍 I personally don't feel comfortable opening up the gearbox so I need to find someone that is local(ish) to be able to do the work for me. Barrel and hop rubber are going to be the first thing done and see how it goes from there. Do I not need to look at getting a new hop unit as well instead of using the standard plastic one? 

• Supporters
4 hours ago, Brotherhood98 said:

Do I not need to look at getting a new hop unit as well instead of using the standard plastic one? 

not necessarily, being plastic in and of itself isn't an issue.

often the stock unit itself isn't too bad, and you'd need to get the rest of the gun to a pretty high standard first before it becomes something that's a factor.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.