Hey All, Inquireing Newb

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

thinking about taking up airsofting - i mostly want target shooting (preferably longer range ie sniper)

i dont have kit but am looking for something reasonably highpower (for distance) so im guessing gas powered of some kind -- i might also want to do pistol target - but im not into the idea of creeping around in the woods etc waiting to get pinged -- dont care about weapon colour if its sensible (ie not neon pink) but scope and bipod are a requirement - prefer metal ball to plastic as i used to shoot a bit as a kid(friends kit) and prefered metal ammo

im based in chesterfield and will be looking for a range(s) within 45-60 mins drive but can go further for somewhere really interesting

• Supporters

Welcome, doesn't sound to me like your actually looking to "play" ?

For starters the kit we use is plastic bb's only, with strict limits on power output & corresponding BB weight.

That's not to say you can't use the kit perfectly for range or ispc use, just don't expect airgun or real steel velocities.

Question is:

DO YOU WANNA PLAY ?

or just target shoot ?

If it's the latter, then you might want to consider airgun forums & contact local gun clubs & ranges to see what your options are.

If it's the former, if the idea of stalking like-minded sneaky mofo's & picking them off before they do the same to you appeals, then your in the right place.

What I will say is sniping isn't for everyone, in Airsoft your mindset & fieldcraft is just as important as your rifle, many people think it's their bag, only to invest in the sniper specific kit only to realise it's not & they're shit lol.

What I would say is get along to a local site that has a good rep & play a game as a rental, I'm not aware of anywhere that rents sniper rifles so you'll prob have to suck it up & use an assault rifle, but stick it on semi & get sneaky, your halfway there.

If you have a great day (you will😏), then rent for 2 more games in not less than two months, your ready to start shopping, & by that time you'll have a better idea what role your in to, personally I'd recommend the dmr initially, it's a good compromise & excellent for getting experience.

Good luck 👍

I would look for a rifle or air gun club if I were you. Airsoft doesn’t really have the appeal your after I don’t think

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.