Upgrading My Glock 17

AirsoftExeter

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Going to finally upgrade my glock 17 build more and was wondering what people’s opinions are on the bbu and hammer set I chose

here are the upgrades so far (also do you think it’s worth going to 140% recoil and and hammer springs?)

Guarder Custom II Ported Slide Guarder Threaded Outer Barrel Guarder Tightbore Inner Barrel Guarder Gen 3 Lower Guarder Steel Mag Release Guarder Ridged Trigger Guarder Steel Trigger Bar Guarder Night Sights PTS Freya Magwell MapleLeaf Hop Unit with Wheel and I-Key Nineball Recoil Guide Rod Guarder 150% Recoil and Hammer Spring TM Stock Hammer Unit TM Stock BBU and NozzleB11E432C-8F5B-493D-BF5B-561628BFE817.thumb.png.67e9f91541f803e80036fa07c0d097be.png

6EC37171-D7E2-434A-9A68-BECB690DD4A4.png

I can't speak for anyone else but when using a TM base I keep as much stock as possible, possibly a stronger recoil spring if it feels a bit sluggish with the metal slide on. I doubt you'll see a noticeable difference with that BBU and IMO all steel parts are for is durability over time. Isn't this the same one you're selling though? Either way, I would let the part actually wear-out before I worried about that.

3 hours ago, Cr0-Magnon said:

I can't speak for anyone else but when using a TM base I keep as much stock as possible, possibly a stronger recoil spring if it feels a bit sluggish with the metal slide on. I doubt you'll see a noticeable difference with that BBU and IMO all steel parts are for is durability over time. Isn't this the same one you're selling though? Either way, I would let the part actually wear-out before I worried about that.

Got 2 of the things, was going for a duel wield setup for the fun of it but have decided to sell one to fund my Srs. Also I got some other people recommending to put 135% recoil and hammer springs for better gas efficiency as it’s a aluminium slide 

1 hour ago, AirsoftExeter said:

Got 2 of the things, was going for a duel wield setup for the fun of it but have decided to sell one to fund my Srs. Also I got some other people recommending to put 135% recoil and hammer springs for better gas efficiency as it’s a aluminium slide 

How much are you wedded to the idea of running a Glock?

If you are, and converting from a TM, use the spring list on rainbow to tell you what recoil and hammer springs you need with your new slide.

If you’re running green or red gas, EVERYTHING else you do is aesthetics or bragging rights, been down that path many times.

If you’re not obsessed with Glocks (I was) buy your self a TM FNX, easily the best OEM pistol for performance out there. More ammo per mag, better efficiency, better range, red dot bolts right on top. Zero upgrades to do

28 minutes ago, rocketdogbert said:

How much are you wedded to the idea of running a Glock?

If you are, and converting from a TM, use the spring list on rainbow to tell you what recoil and hammer springs you need with your new slide.

If you’re running green or red gas, EVERYTHING else you do is aesthetics or bragging rights, been down that path many times.

If you’re not obsessed with Glocks (I was) buy your self a TM FNX, easily the best OEM pistol for performance out there. More ammo per mag, better efficiency, better range, red dot bolts right on top. Zero upgrades to do

Thanks for the info man! have you got a link to the spring list as I can’t find it?

1 hour ago, AirsoftExeter said:

Thanks for the info man! have you got a link to the spring list as I can’t find it?

Sorry, I meant the values are listed, for example

Read the description, this set is for aluminium slide

https://www.rainbow8.com/collections/glock-series/products/gunsmodify-120-recoil-140-hammer-springs-set-for-marui-g-series-aluminium-slide

This set is for an aluminium slide with an RMR mounted

https://www.rainbow8.com/collections/glock-series/products/gunsmodify-135-recoil-140-hammer-springs-set-for-marui-g-series-aluminium-rmr-slide

17 minutes ago, rocketdogbert said:

The 120% i’m a bit confusing as on another website it said it’s best for standard, do you reckon it will be ok or should I just go with a 125% to be safe? 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.