Recommend Me a Cheap Rmr That Isnt Rubbish!

Mad-Al

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

As the title says, max budget £75 if you know of any that hold zero then let me know!

Currently looking at either a vector frenzy or an ade rd3-009 sp i welcome any experience anyone has with those too.

This is going to be scope mounted so low profile picatinny mount is going to be essential.

Cheers in advance all.

• Supporters

it's not a field i'm particularly well versed in, but i've had one of these for a while:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Canis-Picatinny-Shooting-Hunting-(Black)/dp/B07V1LWL1M/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=canis+latrans+3+moa&qid=1613492056&sr=8-1

and it's been pretty decent in terms of clarity/parralax, and you can lock down the adjustments so it holds zero.

not sure on the mounting but it looks very similar to the rmr type (2 screws holding it to the base)

36 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

it's not a field i'm particularly well versed in, but i've had one of these for a while:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Canis-Picatinny-Shooting-Hunting-(Black)/dp/B07V1LWL1M/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=canis+latrans+3+moa&qid=1613492056&sr=8-1

and it's been pretty decent in terms of clarity/parralax, and you can lock down the adjustments so it holds zero.

not sure on the mounting but it looks very similar to the rmr type (2 screws holding it to the base)

Awesome thank you, this is going to be mounted to the top of a scope so pickatinny base is perfect.

• Supporters
6 minutes ago, Mad-Al said:

Awesome thank you, this is going to be mounted to the top of a scope so pickatinny base is perfect.

funny that's exactly what i got it for initially ended up using it 90% of the time and very rarely using the actual scope.

1 hour ago, rocketdogbert said:

Buy the Vector Optics one from patrol base.

lifetime warranty, perfect zero, as it’s a real-steel sight, and twice the price everywhere else

https://www.patrolbase.co.uk/vector-optics-frenzy-1x20x28-6moa

Yeah thats the one i was looking at, have you got one?

Just now, Mad-Al said:

Yeah thats the one i was looking at, have you got one?

Yes, it’s superb. Has the same mounting points as the Docter/TM/Leupold red dots as well

Just now, rocketdogbert said:

Yes, it’s superb. Has the same mounting points as the Docter/TM/Leupold red dots as well

Awesome thank you, holds its zero well i take it?

Whats the warranty like in regards of bb hits?

Just now, Mad-Al said:

Awesome thank you, holds its zero well i take it?

Whats the warranty like in regards of bb hits?

Yes, zero holding excellent. The warranty claims to be the same as Vortex, ie anything as long as it isn’t deliberate, but I haven’t tested it

2 hours ago, rocketdogbert said:

Yes, zero holding excellent. The warranty claims to be the same as Vortex, ie anything as long as it isn’t deliberate, but I haven’t tested it

Brilliant thanks for this dude

12 hours ago, rocketdogbert said:

Might have to check these out myself, would save me swapping optics and having to re-zero all the time.

• Supporters

i don't, i hate external lense protectors so much i'm prepared to accept losing the occasional optic.

now i've only ever had 2 optics been hit, and only one of those damaged beyond usability. but maybe that's just luck.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.