Tm Mk23 Maple Flamingo Q

Enid_Puceflange

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi folks,

(Just in case, I have asked this on a FB group, DONT judge me šŸ˜‚)

first time owner of a TM Mk23 Socom

it was completely standard, and I decided to do the usual mods to it, but in stages as funds are a wee bit tight to justify on something I cannot use just now

Ā 

I have fitted today a Maple Leaf CJ Barrel in standard lengthĀ 

And a 50deg Maple bucking

I test fired this in the back garden earlier this afternoon, canā€™t say I notice any difference in lift while lobbing .28ā€™s (the heaviest I have to hand)Ā 

With the hop up to max, the effect is the same as it was standard, I was expecting it to over-hop them.Ā 

Ā 

Will I only see this when I get round to a TDC kit and h key / or h plate?

Ā 

cheers

Ā 

Ā 

Edited by Enid_Puceflange

Yup...... sadly you need the Hadron TDC and the H plate (that's the blue one....). Also don't forget to teflon tape the bucking and the barrel join.... Don't know if it makes much difference with the flamingo coz it very 'rubbery' and you probably get no leak but yo never know....

The standard marui hop arm/nub can't apply enough pressure even on the flamingo....

Youā€™re welcome fella. These really are that good. Of course itā€™s too cold to use green gas so that may not help matters either. Ā You should be ok with Abbey Ultra too at the moment. See how that works.Ā 

Depending what you want to hop. I have an early one if you want whichĀ is good for lifting around 0.3g........ Ah missed the last post :D

12 hours ago, AlphaBear said:

Youā€™re welcome fella. These really are that good. Of course itā€™s too cold to use green gas so that may not help matters either. Ā You should be ok with Abbey Ultra too at the moment. See how that works.Ā 

Last week I stripped the mags down to replace the lower seals & seal up the over pressure valve.

was test firing using Abbey Red, seem to be holding pressure ok at this temp

Will go back to green when into a bitty warmer outside šŸ‘

Abbey Ultra Predator is fine up until March time, well in these current temps. As you quite righty put it, go back to green when it get's warmer... especially if you have the TM mags as they have a pressure release valve which will go pop with too much pressure... hence caution with them.Ā 

5 hours ago, Enid_Puceflange said:

Last week I stripped the mags down to replace the lower seals & seal up the over pressure valve.

Ā šŸ‘

They have been sealed up, so donā€™t know if I can continue to run red?

might be the experiment for warmer days, canā€™t be arsed changing the hammer spring for a stronger one if the pressure gets too much in more ā€œagreeableā€ temps šŸ‘

On 29/01/2021 at 03:04, Enid_Puceflange said:

Whilst the Mrs slipped off to bed & I sat up to watch a movie

The extra bits were ordered šŸ˜‚šŸ¤«

Arrived quickly šŸ‘

Ā 

Ā 

Edited by Enid_Puceflange

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.