Sa E07 Spring Suggestions

DRay

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I have a Specna Arms RRA E07 (bought on here) coming. The calibration sheet supplied with the RIF by Specna shows that it is firing very hot - 387 to 392 at 0.2 weight. 

The vendor hasn’t chrono’d it so I am confident that it is going to arrive well over site limits for an AEG

Specna Arms website says that they are supplied with an M140 spring fitted (does this sound correct for that FPS?) and an M90. 

The M90 is going to be too weak and I would like to be as close to 350FPS as possible. I don’t want to clip the spring (not a tinkerer, and it will stress me out if something is bodged in my gun). Does anyone have a suggestion of what spring to fit? M100? Is there such a thing as an M110? 

10 minutes ago, benno996 said:

I’ve got a C25 running on an M100, chrono’d at around 325 pretty consistently on .2s. I’d say that’s your best bet. Bought the Guarder SP100 from Patrolbase, £9.99.

Thanks mate great tip. 

You might find an M100 pushes you slightly over. The bearings on the spring guide and piston head act to compress the spring more and will add  a few extra FPS. You’ve got a decent length inner barrel on the E7 that could also bump up the output if Specna has used the correct volume cylinder 

In a perfect world, An M100 SHOULD be 100m/s or about 330fps. The bearings could add enough to bump you frustratingly over the limit if the airseal is good.

Some brands springs are a little hot, some a little less.

Best place to check is ak2m4 as he actually tests the stuff that he receives. He’s also carrying inexpensive chronographs now so you won’t have to guess the velocity

Ali

7 hours ago, Alimcd said:

You might find an M100 pushes you slightly over. The bearings on the spring guide and piston head act to compress the spring more and will add  a few extra FPS. You’ve got a decent length inner barrel on the E7 that could also bump up the output if Specna has used the correct volume cylinder 

In a perfect world, An M100 SHOULD be 100m/s or about 330fps. The bearings could add enough to bump you frustratingly over the limit if the airseal is good.

Some brands springs are a little hot, some a little less.

Best place to check is ak2m4 as he actually tests the stuff that he receives. He’s also carrying inexpensive chronographs now so you won’t have to guess the velocity

Ali

thanks mate great advice. Do you have a link to the website? I can’t find him. 

1 hour ago, padraigthesniper said:

Recently had a spring change in my specna arms edge and SA E11 and found with the stock barrel etc, m110 gave me 334 and m100 gave me 307 fps

There is no major difference to the internals between E11 and E7 is there? Same piston and barrel length etc? 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.