Choices Choices, CQB Outdoor

Zitch

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So once things open up again I plan on playing a mix between cqb and outdoor (the vault and hardline) looking for a rif I could effectively use at both, currently thinking G&G arp9 or predator. Just wondered people’s opinions?

cheers. 

depends on your budget.  and i can only offer opinions on the guns i currently on,  but my nuprol pioneer defender (approx £110) works well enough for me in both CQB and outdoors out of the box.  my one has had a M105 spring and a new hop bucking fitted and runs beautifully with .25s.

i also recently ran my totally stock TM P90 (approx £280) and it had really impressive range on it for such a compact weapon (i didnt measure it out, but i estimate about 40-50 metres...)

my SMC-9 is a good gun if you want to look at gas blowback guns around the £250 mark, however i only ran my one once at an outdoors site as a secondary that only fired a few shots, so i cannot really offer a good opinion on it compared to the p90 in terms of performance, but in terms of size its only a little larger than a p90, but the magazines are a little harder to come by

Last time I was able to go I ended up using my ARP9 at a place called reaper ops which is a nice mix of cqb and outdoor. Really impressed with the gun and certainly didn't feel outranged at all. After a few hundred rounds the hop rubber settled nicely and was really consistent.

Just bear in mind it's a lot louder than you realise, I wasn't exactly able to sneak through the tunnels, once I let a shot off everyone knew where I was lol.

If you want to move away from the AR15 clones then have a look at the cyma AKS74U. About the same length as the MP5 and cyma ak hop units have a reputation for phenomenal range

6 hours ago, Cannonfodder said:

If you want to move away from the AR15 clones then have a look at the cyma AKS74U. About the same length as the MP5 and cyma ak hop units have a reputation for phenomenal range

I shall have a look now, thanks. :)

I currently have so many different rifs in baskets I just can’t make up my mind! 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.