Arp 9 High Speed Ssg

Advanced3

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

35rps ???

I'm sure you SS with a m120, but SHS HS with 12:1 is gonna draw some amps

could hit low 30's on 7.4v so Wattage wise it is not insanely high

(not got a lot of LiPo space to play with)

does sound a little shrilly considering both pinion & gears are SHS

(don't flame me, not having a dig really, but just saying it could be a little smoother

and I've done a recent stock rebuild that still sounds rougher than i expected, even with 3 different bevels etc...)

but yeah nice looking gun for sure, I'm sure you are very pleased

I like it, mine's turning into something similar

Thanks, The gun isn't short stroked. The sector gear still has all its teeth. I am eventually gonna reshim it, but after an hour that was as quiet as I could get it. Its definitely not battery efficient but it doesn't get hot even when spamming semi auto. I usually run it with a SHS HT motor but had this laying around and threw it in. I have plenty of lipo space as Im not using the ARP9s CQB stock. I have modified the ASG buttstock to hold 11.1 50c lipos. Thanks for checking it out. 

20201026_205118.jpg20201026_205101.jpg

20201026_205636.thumb.jpg.bbcab2d60f6068ea4a96359404f03770.jpg

If you haven’t short stroked the piston and sector gear at that rate of fire you’d better take a back up when you skirmish it... you know, for when that piston gets chewed up.

It’s unlikely that the spring is stiff enough to fully return the piston before being picked back up. Either the sector gear is going to take teeth off the rack or it could bind and the gear axle or bearing will fail (becomes more likely with full steel teeth on a piston).

You may even find that with the FPS in full auto becomes unplayably low due to the premature engagement! 

Its a faff, but if you want it to last, you’re going to have to reopen it! Take it from experience, I thought people were being a bit ott but I haven’t had to take the walk of shame since following Sitting Duck’s advice

• Supporters
18 minutes ago, Alimcd said:

If you haven’t short stroked the piston and sector gear at that rate of fire you’d better take a back up when you skirmish it... you know, for when that piston gets chewed up.

It’s unlikely that the spring is stiff enough to fully return the piston before being picked back up. Either the sector gear is going to take teeth off the rack or it could bind and the gear axle or bearing will fail (becomes more likely with full steel teeth on a piston).

You may even find that with the FPS in full auto becomes unplayably low due to the premature engagement! 

Its a faff, but if you want it to last, you’re going to have to reopen it! Take it from experience, I thought people were being a bit ott but I haven’t had to take the walk of shame since following Sitting Duck’s advice

I've just broken LOADS taking the piss, if i was that clever I'd have learnt this lesson sooner without so many wrecks

BUT one thing I do not understand is how this bloke shoots at 41rps at 320fps FULL STROKE

and hasn't SOMEHOW wrecked the box...

all I can say the bloke is very fortunate and if he gets a chance can he pick some lottery numbers for me

Out of curiosity, where did you get that drop stock adapter?

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.