Specna - Krytac and Prowin

gasman

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all

I have been playing with a large assortment of hop units and barrels on Specna  and Krytac guns.

As always tinkering and trying to improve on good setup to get better range and performance with the following results on my guns.

Krytac CRB as stock very good don't mess with what works! tried Prowin and three different barrel combinations all lost some FPS and accuracy! Tried different hop rubbers, barrel bore and barrel length same results.

Specna guns with version 2 gearboxes I have too many tried the same tests and came to the conclusion they do not like Prowin hop units. The issue is feeding caused by the slightly smaller mag tube Krytac hop unit good specna hop units plastic and metal all feed better as did maxx, g&g, g&p hop units.

Quite a jump in FPS on 400mm+ tight bore barrels on Specna guns no effect on the size of groups. Rotary Hop units with a nub concave cutout with a good nub and maccaron hop rubber gave me the best distance hop and accuracy.

To sum up a good rotary hop unit, hop rubber and nub gave best groups and distance, pointless going Rhop done that without much gain. Airsoft guns with smooth bores if you are really lucky with your setup with FPS as near site limits as you can get without exceeding them will get you between 70 and 90 metres max with the heaviest BBs your hop will lift.

The specna guns are very picky about which mags feed well I am going off specna as a make as the latest guns have real quality issues!

Krytac use a different nozzle length so always best to use their hopup, unless you swap the nozzle.

I have a couple of krytacs (LMG , L119a2 build) and swap the lowers + hop/barrel around.

When using the HPA lower I use a max pro hopup and rhopped zci, but stick to the standard krytac hop/barrel when I run them as aeg.

Do.

Not.

Change.

Hop.

Units.

!.

Especially with fucking prowins.

Only change the hop unit if the stock one isn't a rotary.

3 hours ago, Skara said:

Do.

Not.

Change.

Hop.

Units.

!.

Especially with fucking prowins.

Only change the hop unit if the stock one isn't a rotary.

I would agree with you prowins are not what they are cracked up to be Maxx units far better

When I was supplying Specna Arms we had very few complaints about reliability and mag issues. Quite a few customers came back and bought a second. However after watching several YouTube videos on the latest Specna models their QC seems to have dropped off dramatically. Their new AK range seem to have big problems with the mags they come with. Of course it could be a case that the YouTuber got a duffer. 

The quality is pants now I think they have blind 5year olds making them. I am going to only buy quality now and pay more for it. The trouble is its not like buying a car where you can test drive it!

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.