Real 22 Cal. Suppresor on Airsoft Gun

Nobody0212

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi, I've know someone who is selling a real 22 cal. suppressor and I was wondering, can that be attached to an airsoft gun? What kind of adapter would it need (if possible)?

Thanks (I couldn't find anything about this in the forum, apologies in advance if already exist a thread)

#edited#

by the way, utility is not expected really, it's just for cosmetic purposes

here is the link to the suppressor

https://www.sportingservices.co.uk/products/airstream-mk5-carbon-fibre-silencer-used

• Supporters

Unlikely it'll fit straight on, depending on the thread on the suppressor (airsoft guns are mostly 14mm CCW threaded).

• Supporters

afaik isn't there legal connotations to suppressors/muzzle devices in the uk? you might want to check that out.

it depends, but i'd imagine not. .22 is nominally around 5.5-5.6mm which is smaller than our 6mm bb's.

granted the hole in the suppressor will be bigger than that to give the bullet some space to move through, but i doubt it's going to be enough for an airsoft gun bearing in mind that the leeway for a supersonic projectile from a high-quality rifled barrel is going to be a lot tighter than the leeway for a glorified air-musket, i mean a lot of airsoft suppressors have 10mm+ holes in the end-caps and even then they can still chop bb's.

Is it for a .22 air gun or a .22 firearm?

Air gun, no problem, you can own it. .22 firearm, absolutely not, unless you have space for it on your FAC.

Fitting it is just a matter of machining

16 hours ago, Adolf Hamster said:

it depends, but i'd imagine not. .22 is nominally around 5.5-5.6mm which is smaller than our 6mm bb's.

I'm baffled, how did I miss that! FFS

Apologies for wasting your time, of course it wouldn't work. I really need to have a coffee before writing in forums.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.