Fitting a Suppressor to My Kwa Hk45

hockeymaster350
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi,

I have just bought a kwa hk45 and I would really like to put a suppressor on it and run a longer inner barrel through it. I’ve seen outer barrels online that would fit and stick out the end with a thread however I am cheap and do not want to fork out £80 or so on a new barrel.

I was thinking about using a tap and die tool to thread the existing outer barrel and then file away at the slide to attach the suppressor if that makes sense. Does anyone have any experience with this and if it would work? Any help would be much appreciated thank you.
Attached are some pics of the pistol and the barrel.

Thanks,
Cameron

E91C2A90-65E4-4816-B73C-9D42008D6748.jpeg

0D196FB0-C9EA-4A27-96AA-2A930DED83D3.jpeg

0C595A69-18D2-4AED-9A12-68F48927A6AE.jpeg

@hockeymaster350  What are the outside and inside measurements of the barrel that will depend if it can be threaded or not. Is there any other diffarences between that and the already threaded barrel, Some Pistols wont work with a silencer due to the extra weight. Plus if you have a lathe that would make the whole process 10 times easier .

Dan

The barrel does need a little extra length to allow the barrel to reciprocate when cycling. Another option to cover an extended inner barrel is a comp which would be easier . Remember you don't have to get too long of an inner barrel before you can be pushing over 350.

IMG_20200822_111624_909.jpg

Thank you for the responses, I’ve attached a pic with the measurements. I think it’s about 1.5 cm in diameter.

hero that looks like a rly nice pistol, how did you attach your suppressor? And do you have an extended inner barrel through it and what kind of FPS does it get with what gas? Thanks 

B9C76365-4BEF-480C-94C7-4F26F3251D01.jpeg

TM tactical so comes as is although the suppressor isn't the one that comes with it. I have an old tk twist barrel in mine not sure on the inner barrel diameter but iirc 125mm. Outer barrel still covers the inner barrel with room for a little longer. About 335fps on 0.2g standard green. I think once you get to around 140-150m you can start getting too close to the mark and possibly going over 350fps temperature and gas dependant. Can't say what results you may get on the Kwa. I prefer using it without one on tbh. I picked it as I knew I could get a good size barrel in as is.

6 hours ago, hockeymaster350 said:

Thank you for the responses, I’ve attached a pic with the measurements. I think it’s about 1.5 cm in diameter.

hero that looks like a rly nice pistol, how did you attach your suppressor? And do you have an extended inner barrel through it and what kind of FPS does it get with what gas? Thanks 

B9C76365-4BEF-480C-94C7-4F26F3251D01.jpeg

Hey nice measuring stick. I try not to use the police as a rule though. Unless of course it's Scotland yard. Yard...three feet. No? Ok please yourselves. Lol👮‍♂️

Regards

On 23/08/2020 at 00:11, Shamal said:

Hey nice measuring stick. I try not to use the police as a rule though. Unless of course it's Scotland yard. Yard...three feet. No? Ok please yourselves. Lol👮‍♂️

Regards

What silencer are you trying to fit to it aswell as thatll affect how it is done

• 3 weeks later...

Archived