Ak M249 + Daytona Kit.

Eenthuncob

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I'm thinking of getting a daytona kit for a m249, has anyone had experience in doing so or can point me in the direction of a thread that would inform me?

Many thanks.

• Supporters

Let me check. I had a Daytona M249, but I cant remember what the base brand was. Sold it to a friend; ill see if he can figure it out. In the meantime, any specific questions you have?

I've done a bit or reaserxh since posting this and I'm just after some general information about daytona kits.

I've been looking at either the m249 kit or the m4 with bolt lock kit.

How hard are they to fit? I'm handy with DIY and ive teched a couple of eag boxes before.

Are they accurate?

I'm all about realism to be honest so I wouldn't want a AR type gun without a bolt stop, plus I've never owned a gbbr so would that be a better option for now?

Thanks for the help.

1 hour ago, Eenthuncob said:

I've done a bit or reaserxh since posting this and I'm just after some general information about daytona kits.

I've been looking at either the m249 kit or the m4 with bolt lock kit.

How hard are they to fit? I'm handy with DIY and ive teched a couple of eag boxes before.

Are they accurate?

I'm all about realism to be honest so I wouldn't want a AR type gun without a bolt stop, plus I've never owned a gbbr so would that be a better option for now?

Thanks for the help.

I at one point owned a daytona MSK, so can answer you question about accuracy. A daytona is as good as any other HPA when it comes to range. Accuracy isn't as good but that's purely down to the fact the gun actually recoils and not because the hop is bad. If the daytona  didn't recoil it'd be just as accurate as any polarstar/wolverine setup.

As for realism, I think few things beat a GBBR on that front. I think the M4 daytona gets close with bolt stop etc but nothing is going to beat a GBBR like a GHK M4, they're about as close to real steal as you can get without owning the real deal. Though hopefully someone with more experience of both can chime in (I've never owned a GBBR m4 platform)

As long as I can get one with a bolt lock on empty id be happy.

As to a gbbr I find the magazines price over the top and to have enough (for me on a game) would need around 5-6 all together and that'd nearly the price of the gbbr anyway.

I'll keep doing my research and have a look at a few gbbrs at my local shop, as for getting a gbbr it would either be a GHK or TM.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.