Tm Samurai Edge Albert.W Model - Upgraded/Modded

paradoxum

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Gun chrono'd before any changes: 290 FPS, after mods / upgrades: solid 350 FPS. Chrono'd with an AC6000 BT.

https://imgur.com/a/emHdLn5

AtRgCWf.jpg

7bOPPyH.jpg

HODv4Ai.jpg

iJ5i8DR.jpg

I replaced the LAM with an X400V that has torch+strobe / red laser, as the stock LAM just had a dull torch and no functioning laser.

I've still got a set of silver safety levers on the way that I'm going to install which I think will look better than the black, and I plan to colour-fill in the text on the slide with some silver nail polish.

Full list of mods/upgrades:

Hfe5Sfp.jpg

I'd like to swap the ABS plastic slide with a metal one from a standard TM Samurai Edge which is gonna cost me £150 for the gun and I don't know if the loading nozzle assembly will even fit, but probably going to give it a try.

Magazines have been sealed at the bottom baseplates with black Visbella Silicone as they were leaking when using propane, fully sealed now. (M9 mags suck!)

I've yet to receive the NEO-R release valve and I'm looking forward to testing that on the extended mag. If I like it I'll be getting another 3 for the other mags.

I'm really happy with how it's turned out, I like the metal fluted barrel over the stock plastic one, and I was surprised to get such a big FPS boost after doing everything. 

Comments, critique, suggestions?

don't know if it would work but a gen 1 WE slide might work and it would be cheaper too

shame you didn't post a few days ago as I recently sold one 😂

1 minute ago, strykerles said:

don't know if it would work but a gen 1 WE slide might work and it would be cheaper too

shame you didn't post a few days ago as I recently sold one 😂

I found a disassembly youtube vid and from what I can tell it doesn't look like the nozzle assembly will fit. I do like the two-toned metal silver slide of the WE gen 1 though.

1 minute ago, strykerles said:

Thats a shame, damn marui for being the best 

I put this together from 2 boneyard pistols and a standard we samurai edge

Fires around 310 and vents like a bitch on auto 😂

20200708_205748.jpg

Yeah I'd love to be able to use that slide. Do you have it handy? If so, could you take the slide off and post some pics of the interior where the nozzle assembly is? I'm not sure if that metal 'plate' in the youtube vid is necessary or not.

This is what this one looks like:

https://imgur.com/a/CvjEDhA

Just now, strykerles said:

kids are in bed atm so i'll take some pics tomorrow and put them up

Awesome thanks dude.

My gun with the silver slide is a gen 2 and I believe the Albert pistol is a gen 1 so that slide wouldn't work as the safety system is different

I've removed the slide from my black hen one and the pics are attached

20200710_143948.jpg

20200710_144132.jpg

20200710_144153.jpg

20200710_144201.jpg

Thanks. 

I took more pics of mine, what do you think? It kind of looks like the slide might fit the loading nozzle assembly frame, but it's hard to tell for sure.

https://imgur.com/a/s0KoLBc

d51E9ia.jpg

Edit: Is that small bit of silver on the right side of yours the safety lever spring bit? Because this has that on the opposite side. Could that be the gen1 difference from the burton model?

the internal layout looks slightly different to the WE slide, it may fit but might need some modifications

if you could get a gen 1 WE m92 and swap the slide would be the easiest, it will save potentially screwing something up

Would this one do? http://airsoft-shop-japan.com/tokyo-marui-no-11-samurai-edge-standard-model-gbb-airsoft-gun/ It's TM so should be even more likely to fit, but trying to find pictures / disassemblies of the various models is almost impossible.

It's a lot of money for just a slide, but I really want it to be metal 😐 and a regular M9 won't have any STARS markings on the slide etc. And It's not like I could sell the other gun after I swap the slide because I want to keep the wesker one because limited edition etc.

Just saw this one: http://airsoft-shop-japan.com/tokyo-marui-biohazard-albert-w-model-01p-gas-blow-back-airsoft-gun/

Would probably work too, and even has ALBERT W. printing on the side, but it's even more expensive.

Edit: Nevermind I think that's ABS anyway.

7 minutes ago, strykerles said:

yours is a marui gen 2 then as I believe the original had a fixed hop

tbh I didn't know marui did a metal slide

I think the only option would be to get a plain TM M9 metal slide, but then I'd be missing the res evil branding on the side, so I'm just gonna say fuck it and call the gun done.

Just now, strykerles said:

fair enough, shame I sold my WE slide last week 😂

I'm still waiting for the silver safety levers and some nail polish to colour-fill in the text on the slide, then I'll post pics when it's done - gonna do STARS in gold, with the dots in silver and the rest white, should look nice.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.