Tm 5.1 Hi Capa Alternative for Action Air/ Ipsc

Nicayu

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

44 minutes ago, Nicayu said:

Hi All

As stated really. Is there an alternative pistol that matched the quality and suitability of the TM 5.1 Hi Capa for action air/ ipsc?

The hi cap design  is over a 10 years old most of the recently released Tokyo Marui pistols will out perform the Hi Capa out the box however the Hi Capa has massive after market support and can be up graded replacing pretty much every part just a case of how much money you are willing to spend. I personally highly rate the TM HK45 it's ergonomics are better than the Hi Capa and shoots better how ever doesn't have any near the after market support.

They don't really need the aftermarket support though. The majority of the bits you can add on capas are in no way beneficial to performance sometimes the opposite. The bits that do boost performance are available for most tm platforms. I'm not sure if there are limitations or guidelines on what you can or can't use for ipsc. I'd say you want something with a quick cycle. Good easily reachable controls that function well for you. A good trigger which is why people tend to go 1911/2011. Good stable optic mount options. Good mag capacity. So to tbf on the capa it is good at ticking a few of these boxes for the majority especially with a few tweaks and additions. Where as others are a little hit and miss. Very few pistols can match the trigger crispness of a 19/2011.

Thanks all for the reply.

I'm definitely interested in running something like the TM HK45 or FNX for standard division AIPSC but, I am concerned about how robust they are.

I do a fair bit of dry fire as well as actually shooting every other day, I probably go through about 500 - 700 bbs a week. Of course I'm trying to fire as fast a possible at lot of the time. 

For pistols like the TM HK45 or FNX what kind of issues, common breaks either due wear and tear or by the use of green gas have you experienced?.

not sure on the fnx hasn't been out as long ,not seen many posts or chat regarding problems with the fnx. I haven't seen many on the hk45 . There's the odd post I see people with issues with the hk45 over time. Not many and no common theme with issues. Many cases so called "upgrades" causing issues more than actual mechanical breakage/issues with with the oem pistol.  I imagine the fnx will be much the same. I ditched the my capas 2-3 years go having seen friends hk45s fair so well.

Nothing comes close unfortunately. I like glocks but they are just not up to the job.

the other Tm pistols may outperform the hicapa in certain parameters but for competition use they just can't keep up. 

i don't use a hi capa for skirmishing for many reasons but for comp shooting you would be disadvantaging yourself by using anything else.

at the European champs this year one guy did well with a glock in standard division but that was the exception, and whist there were a couple of guys with Cz shadows most end up with a Tm based hi capa.

I moved from a glock,  there is a grip angle/ trigger relative to a hicapa to consider,also glocks are more temperamental. 

Tm hk 45 looks like a reasonable design double/single action so potential for a better trigger than a  glock But my reasoning would be what would you be gaining by using one over a hicapa

the big issue is do you wish to to progress competing, if you do and move through the classes a platform that is effectively identical but has more bells and whistles to speed you up is a more sensible approach than changing platforms

you may not think it matters and at the lower levels it doesn't, when you get beaten by tenth of a second for no other reason that you are having to change your draw to accommodate a change in grip angle because you used your glock instead of your hicapa then it starts to become annoying.

(It's probably more than a tenth or two but a delay is a delay)

The biggest disappointment is that the CZ shadow 2 competition should in theory wipe the floor of the competition. 

Unfortunately the gbb version does not measure up and I would only recommend it if you shoot a real CZ abroad and want to practice in the uk

if you have deep pockets (and can find one) there is/was a gunsmith bros CZ/tangfolio Airsoft comp pistol that looked like a CZ but ran on Tm hicapa internals. They are rare as hens teeth but by all counts are the best all round toy as they are the natural progression/evolution of the hicapa strong points whilst dragging the design into this century.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.