Blank Fire Granades

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Why are 9mm and 12 gauge blank fire granades so hard to buy these days, are they now banned, 

General preference seems to be for .209's as they are still highly effective while being far more cost effective. In addition to this the overwhelming majority of sites are perfectly happy with .209's but usage of 9mm can be very hit in miss in terms of sites allowing them and even fewer sites allow mag flash's. Mag flash's appear to be rarely seen outside of dedicated events such as milsim events.

A lot of this is down to health and safety restrictions and insurance restrictions.

While these grenades aren't banned it simply falls down to demand which is invariably effected by any limitations in place. Dynatex are by far the easiest to obtain and they have the ability to use all the blanks previously mentioned, when used with the appropriate adapter. There is also the Alpha Tec Hex but I'm not sure what size blanks this uses. As far as I know the TRMR is no longer in production.

12 hours ago, FreeFrag.UK said:

General preference seems to be for .209's as they are still highly effective while being far more cost effective. In addition to this the overwhelming majority of sites are perfectly happy with .209's but usage of 9mm can be very hit in miss in terms of sites allowing them and even fewer sites allow mag flash's. Mag flash's appear to be rarely seen outside of dedicated events such as milsim events.

A lot of this is down to health and safety restrictions and insurance restrictions.

While these grenades aren't banned it simply falls down to demand which is invariably effected by any limitations in place. Dynatex are by far the easiest to obtain and they have the ability to use all the blanks previously mentioned, when used with the appropriate adapter. There is also the Alpha Tec Hex but I'm not sure what size blanks this uses. As far as I know the TRMR is no longer in production.

AlphaTex hex are out of production, last I heard money was being taken but nothing delivered (happy to be corrected but I have seen multiple threads on this!)

Tectonic Innovations have single- and multi-shot BFGs available. https://www.bullseyecountrysport.co.uk/tectonic-innovations-quake-4-impact-grenade-3-shot-38295-p.asp?v=0&variantid=38296

.209 is plenty loud enough, if you want louder buy some EG Mk5 disposable pyro.

13 hours ago, Yellowsink said:

Why are 9mm and 12 gauge blank fire granades so hard to buy these days, are they now banned, 

I don't think many sites bar the odd one have allowed standard 12g for many years. Apart from mag flash but opinion on that is split and mostly a no no. And as far as 308 the 209 tops it for bang for your buck especially with way some of the grenades are designed. There's not much difference in sound output so companies just go with that. Plus they are smaller so easier for a multi shot mechanism 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.