Airsoft Gun Does Nothing or Won't Stop Firing

Agent S 3000
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

My AEG works pretty well in general, except for the wiring. Last game i went to my gun started firing even when i wasn't touching the trigger, then it stopped, the battery heated up a lot, and it wouldn't do anything. I checked the motor connections, the wiring looks ok on the exterior, the insulation is still intact, but whenever i plug in the motor and the battery, whether or not the motor is inside the gearbox, the motor either doesn't do anything when i touch the trigger, or when i pull the trigger, it starts going and doesn't stop until i disconnect the battery. Any idea what is up and how to fix it?

• Supporters

Sounds like the trigger contacts are sticking to me.

You'll be best off replacing the loom and trigger contacts https://www.ak2m4.co.uk/internal-parts/trigger-switches

Pretty easy to do if you're up for taking the gearbox apart.

• Supporters
19 minutes ago, ak2m4 said:

What's the AEG?  Does it have a mosfet fitted?

I'm guessing it's the Lancer M4 he's listed in his profile...

Definitely a short somewhere. If there is no nicks in wire, check the trigger contacts are not stuck in one place. Also check that none of the copper wires that wrap around the bottom of the motor are touching the motor cage. If both are touching then it will create a short. Mine did and blew a mosfet :(

Oddly enough, the trigger contacts seem to be moving back and forth like normal when the gearbox is open, i'll try running it with one side off to see if i put a different part in a weird place that keeps the contacts from working. The motor cage (if you mean inside the grip), is polymer, so yay non conductive materials.

Ok i was able to recreate it with one half of the gearbox shell off. It is indeed the trigger contacts. Most of the time, i can push the trigger and let go and the moving side will return to its original position. However, on occasion, about every 10 times i pull the trigger, it will get stuck on the other one and the motor will continue to be powered. Not sure what this could be caused by, but would the best solution just be to get new trigger contacts?

edit; just read the first reply again, and lol, you got it.

Archived