Cyma 022 Electric Loading Issue

frank.baillie

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I recently purchased a Cyma CM022 Electric Auomatic AK47 AEG for my 11 year old grandson, for use strictly under my supervision.  having purchased the gun it has a problem in loading the bbs fro the magazine into the breech.  i have tried to take this up with the supplier, but cannot get through either by phone or email.  I personally have no knowledge of bb guns and I am seeking any advice available fro forum members. Basically, the bbs load perfectly well into the magazine, they then wind up ok, via the wheel on the bottom of the mag, to the loading port at the top of the magazine, which sits directly below the breech. at this point, when attempting to fire there is no feed of the bbs from the mag into the breech(barrel). I cannot think of anything obvious to resolve this matter. Any thoughts or suggestions to overcome this problem would be grealy appreciated.

Are you fully winding the magazine?

Wind the wheel until the sound report changes and the wheel becomes a hair stiffer.

The spring needs to be under tension to load bbs into the hop chamber (it's what you're calling breech).

Failing that, test if the nozzle retracts enough to chamber the bb.

Turn the gun upside down so that the hop chamber feed tube sits on top, without the mag inserted try dropping one bb in the tube and fire a couple of shots (pointing it in a safe direction is a given). If the bb doesn't "fall" then the nozzle isn't retracting enough to chamber it.

• Supporters
8 hours ago, frank.baillie said:

I recently purchased a Cyma CM022 Electric Auomatic AK47 AEG for my 11 year old grandson, for use strictly under my supervision.  having purchased the gun it has a problem in loading the bbs fro the magazine into the breech.  i have tried to take this up with the supplier, but cannot get through either by phone or email.  I personally have no knowledge of bb guns and I am seeking any advice available fro forum members. Basically, the bbs load perfectly well into the magazine, they then wind up ok, via the wheel on the bottom of the mag, to the loading port at the top of the magazine, which sits directly below the breech. at this point, when attempting to fire there is no feed of the bbs from the mag into the breech(barrel). I cannot think of anything obvious to resolve this matter. Any thoughts or suggestions to overcome this problem would be grealy appreciated.

I'm afraid the short answer is likely to be contact the retailer and return it for refund/replacement if possible...

The 022 from Cyma is a really bad toy gun

& for the life of me - do not know why Cyma still make it as it such a poor model

it is cheap beyond cheap - plastic gearbox - even the magazine is not compatible with other Cyma AK's

(and excluding this lemon 022, Cyma's make pretty decent guns, especially AK's like 520 or 028a

slightly more expensive but in a total different league to the 022 for not much more than the £45 022)

It is a toy gun that is assembled in two mirrored halves - the type that ultra low cost poor quality kiddie guns have

and they never last that long due to such cheap poor & very weak design & materials used

(hard brittle plastic gearbox, with plastic gears that shred as you use it, with very little chance of durability)

You probably purchased it from a retailer with " BB " in its name...

JustBBGuns - their customer care sucks and like getting blood out of a stone

BBGuns4Less - are not too bad for customer service, as they put up some "faulty/returns" in breakers yard section

OnlyBBGuns - not sure but think they are not as bad as JBBG, but perhaps not quite as good as BBG4L

if another retailer - then I don't know & in this current situation, returns may be an issue or take longer to resolve

The best thing you can do is contact retailer, explain & try to return it for a refund

if they only offer credit then ask us on here and we could steer you onto a more robust model they might stock

A Cyma 520, or a 028 would be a wiser choice AK or a Cyma 515 or 517 M4 type gun would be a better gun

or even a decent s/hand Krinkov 901 AK, but they are not great, yet way better than the 022

(Krinkov's are not great, plastic gearbox/gears but can be repaired a bit to keep them going, the 022 is fit for the bin)

I hope you get some resolution in this matter as you seem to bought a defective product

a product that really is not much much better than a toy gun from a market stall

(bit harsh, but in effect it describes the quality of the gun and why Cyma really should stop making this ultra way cheap & nasty plinker, yes it is a plinker but it soooooo cheaply built it ruins the fairly respected reputation of Cyma in most of their other guns - even the £70 or so slightly more expensive models that are so much more durable & way way way more reliable than the 022)

Hope you get it sorted, keep us updated and we can advise you on buying something for your grandson to plink with that should last well

Best wishes

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.