Advice on a Tm Se M9

Ragnaraz

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So, I plan in the not too distant future acquire the Tokyo Marui Hi grade Resident Evil Samurai Edge replica. I'm one of those people that can never just leave things as they are. Hell, I've built silly nerf guns cause I got bored but I don't like the idea of having random LiPos and chargers everywhere that and nerf and accuracy aren't really good friends. I digress!

I've asked around a little and I understand that the M9 is not the best platform and parts are expensive, alas I don't care. I WANT to built the S.T.A.R.S. pistol. I DO appreciate the advice, but I just want to build a Solid Fan boy Special lol.

I'd love some real world advice on the weapon instead of deflection to another please.

On my wanderings in search of answers I was pointed to barrel replacements and they're usually 6.0Xmm the tighter the barrel the better the performance but the more you should care for it. Some places say .02 is best but I have seen .00, what would people recommend?

I intend on maintaining the weapons myself and on a regular basis so the cleaning doesn't bother me. A decent full metal hop up would be good for reliability with a high grade rubber I imagine?

I have seen random spring kits, but read they're pretty pointless and you need to be careful with the TMs because they're plastic?

Also see that most valve replacements tend to do nothing but wreck efficiency on pistols?

A particular upgrade caught my eye but there's no real detail about its functional purpose, that being a CNC aluminium nozzle piece, the full part I believe, also a Polycarb "enhanced" nozzle, what exactly will they do?

The upgraded piston head seems a good choice on an efficiency point. 

I can't find any lightweight BBU carriers :(

If there are any other parts that are good to upgrade whilst still keeping the S.T.A.R.S aesthetic I'd love to hear about them.

My goal is to improve the guns natural features, maybe increase power a little (mainly by the barrel I hear?) increase durability and reliability, possibly accuracy and range with a decent complete set up. Whilst keeping gas efficiency hopefully. Cost isn't a problem as I don't intend to buy everything all at once, just a nice long term useable project for home targeting.

Please O wise and merciful internets, give me your wisdom!

Unless you know exactly what you are doing or are willing to pay a tech to do the upgrades just leave it alone, ( especially as you are paying over £50 extra for a collectors gun compared to the standard M9) I have run an  M9 as my secondary for a couple years only issue i have is the right Decker doesn't always drop the hammer (still puts it in safe) This version has the newer TM hop which is pretty much in all of TMs pistols and is metal. it's maybe worth putting in new hop rubber and tight bore but how much extra range you after it is a pistol after all. i get maybe 30/40 meters range. Much can be done with heavy weight ammo and range time. 

I have seen alot of people dump money into upgrading TM pistols to have them perform not quiet as good as stock.

Thank you for the insight.
I have heard that too, I think it was Fire support mentioned people have sank serious money into some of them to basically get the standard performance back in the gun.

So, a tight bore and different rubber might help with what I was after and heavier BBs.

All info taken into account, leaving the hop body alone aside the barrel is the general view. What about the enhanced nozzles? There's 2 on Firesupport, one is full aluminium and the other is a polycarb? What exactly is enhanced? There's no description.

I also saw the ( I forget the name) the rubber gasket that sits on the top of the mag has a slightly upgraded one, is a little taller for a better seal and apparently has a smoother airflow to the chamber above?

A guarder enhanced piston lid too, literally these upgrades appear to be on the basis of efficiency rather than full changes. Are they safe changes?

I would love to learn to tech my own stuff too, any place I can look to start learning more?

I apologies in advance if I seem an ignorant noob, I guess I am definitely a noob, I just wanna make little tweaks to make the pistol mine if that makes sense?

All I can do is keep firing questions to the community and learn as much as I can along the way.

2 hours ago, Ragnaraz said:

Thank you for the insight.
I have heard that too, I think it was Fire support mentioned people have sank serious money into some of them to basically get the standard performance back in the gun.

So, a tight bore and different rubber might help with what I was after and heavier BBs.

All info taken into account, leaving the hop body alone aside the barrel is the general view. What about the enhanced nozzles? There's 2 on Firesupport, one is full aluminium and the other is a polycarb? What exactly is enhanced? There's no description.

I also saw the ( I forget the name) the rubber gasket that sits on the top of the mag has a slightly upgraded one, is a little taller for a better seal and apparently has a smoother airflow to the chamber above?

A guarder enhanced piston lid too, literally these upgrades appear to be on the basis of efficiency rather than full changes. Are they safe changes?

I would love to learn to tech my own stuff too, any place I can look to start learning more?

I apologies in advance if I seem an ignorant noob, I guess I am definitely a noob, I just wanna make little tweaks to make the pistol mine if that makes sense?

All I can do is keep firing questions to the community and learn as much as I can along the way.

i would really leave everything alone especially don't fit a metal nozzle. if something is going to break better the nozzle than the housing. Tokyo marui make the best pistols because they put the most effort into R&D and quality control. you are seriously not going to see much return for replacing a few parts. buy the gun gets some good quality 0.28g B. if you want to learn tech get a bone yard gun and get it working.

16 minutes ago, Ragnaraz said:

Ok, so following original advice, just a barrel and rubber.

What would you suggest?

Also bone yard gun?

Bone yard means buying a cheap broken gun from either a forum or shop.

No one else is posting so I can only give you my experience. I have been playing for 20 years I have never upgraded a Tokyo Marui pistol and I have owned over 100. a pistol is a close range back up they don't need upgrading! if you want to run a pistol as a primary get a TM MK23 NBB. People have built pistols that can out range anything but they have pretty much replaced everything on the gun and have spent 3 or 4 time the price of the original gun to do that. Get the gun you want and just play with it. save your money don't get upgrades get mags/ good holster or more guns.  

Ohhhhh I may have a look around for a project piece at somepoint.

Alas, it's just going to be a target pistol at home, lockdown and all, not like much else can be done. I also dont go to skirmishes, im a complete novice that wanted to get into target shooting and building bits up.

Wow, are TM that good? Even as plastic pieces. Anything to lookout for with the M9s or TMs in general?

1 hour ago, Ragnaraz said:

Ohhhhh I may have a look around for a project piece at somepoint.

Alas, it's just going to be a target pistol at home, lockdown and all, not like much else can be done. I also dont go to skirmishes, im a complete novice that wanted to get into target shooting and building bits up.

Wow, are TM that good? Even as plastic pieces. Anything to lookout for with the M9s or TMs in general?

if you don't skirmish you don't have a defence to own a RIF (Replica fire arm) so the only way you are getting a pistol is as a two tone. also if you are just looking to plink in your home if your neighbours see shooting or if a BB leave your property you could end up with a visit from the police and maybe a criminal record and some time at one of her Majesty's Hotels. Owning airsoft is not straight forward I suggest you read through the forums FAQs first.

It would definitely be two tone.

I know some of the laws are pretty odd. Like you need a license for an airsoft gun, yet pellet guna dont require anything.

The neighbours actually have some form of them, keep finding BBs all over.

Oh dear?

I don't intend on breaking any laws, the pistol would be Two tone, not like anyone is gunna be skirmishing much this year either way, so a license is not even an option. Reading all the laws and regs has helped... partially as some of it on the whole doesn't make sense. I'm trying to learn about the whole community.

3 hours ago, Ragnaraz said:

Oh dear?

I don't intend on breaking any laws, the pistol would be Two tone, not like anyone is gunna be skirmishing much this year either way, so a license is not even an option. Reading all the laws and regs has helped... partially as some of it on the whole doesn't make sense. I'm trying to learn about the whole community.

The law is stupid and pointless but it's all we got and if the government decides they could take away our defence and we would have nothing. people are going to get nervous about anyone who wants a RIF for anything but Skirmishing. unless you have a massive garden with high walls you run the risk of a member of the public seeing you or worse being shot and everything could come tumbling down.  

That much I do understand, that's why it would be a two tone.

I get that the UK for some reason is trying to stop airsofting because of the potential of it being used maliciously or mistakes being made.

It really is an odd set of rules and regs surrounding the sport/hobby.

Heck if i had the time, inclination and money to skirmish, it would probably be a lot of fun. Alas I do not.

I pick up hobbies with learning curves now and then to keep me happy.

I built a daft powerful electric nerf gun because i wanted to learn and have a laugh at home. The problem was i didn't want to have to shell out for batteries, chargers and storage/charging bags for a project i can't use close quarters. That and there's not really a finite accuracy with foam. Hence wanting to learn about gas airsoft pistols.

Im likely capable of modding the rifles with rewires, motors and all the jazz from what I learned from nerf, but it would be overkill for targeting at home and likely draw that said unwanted attention you guys fear. I may be a newbie but im no fool.

Apologies if i seem on the defensive, but on the whole the community seems to turn their back on anyone interested that can't or doesn't want to skirmish. There are likely idiots that will go and be idiots anyway, I doubt they would come and ask the community for advice on these things though.

The nature of the community is isn't that good towards new comers. With Nerf I had Uk leading nerfers on forums (cheesy i know) explaining about the imitation laws, FPS restrictions on sites, what's good at home if i just wanted a project. Yes nerf is more a toy that airsoft, but you can make them look like RIFs and they can shoot over 200fps if you build it right, meaning they have legal standings too. Anyone that could help or be welcoming, was.

So far here, you're the only one to be helpful and even you were sceptical when I said home shooting.

What im trying to say is if you guys are so worried about it, try being warmer to people asking for help and advice, throwing a rulebook and the cold shoulder at a general idiot could create the situation that no one wants.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.